Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2006 Escape XLT SPORT 4WD Engine Replacement

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Big_burt87 
#1 ·
Hey All! First time posting in a while since my '06 E has had a blown tranny and then a blown motor in a matter of 15 months :( I'm looking to completely replace my engine but soon after researching I found that there is 2 types of 3.0L V6 engine for my year. On "Car-part.com" it says that there is 2 variants (water pump driven by exhaust camshaft OR water pump driven by intake camshaft), It's says on both selection that the 8th digit should be a 1. How am I supposed to tell the difference?? I'm stumped and was wondering if anyone replaced this same engine before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

#3 ·
Hey All! just wanted to update this as I have figured out my own issue! It turns out that after Jan 30, 2006 Ford decided to switch the water pump configuration. Pre 1/30/06 the water pump is driven off the intake camshaft and post 1/30/06 the water pump is driven off the exhaust camshaft. Both of these motors ARE interchangeable with one another.

#4 ·
NCKZIZZO, I am also in process of going threw the same issues finding a exhaust cam driven waterpump engine at an affordable cost. Where there any modifications that had to be made to put the intake cam driven water pump engine in your escape?

Also, I am curious if the 3.0l engine in the 2008 style escapes are compatible? I don't mean to hijack your thread, I'm just curious if anybody has tried or knows if that motor would work in my late 06 model.

Thanks
Big burt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.