Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

8 pcs Front End kit

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Drjames 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any one has experience with these kits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AFLNZG4/re ... GXOI4TAAXT

Without a doubt the must be cheaper quality then say Acdelco components,But maybe reliable enough and better than my 140k components Im running now? Thoughts?

#2 ·
I wouldn't. I'd instead go with "more" reliable parts from RockAuto and replace what you need. Moog is a great name to go with if applicable.

#4 ·
I agree with both of you and thats kind of what I was thinking. If the car were less miles and I was planning longer term I would go with Moog,Acdelco etc. However if I can get two more years out of the rig Id be more than happy. Plus I think Im to the point where everything that is in the kit (Arms,tierods,links) need to be replaced and to price that with all quality components is a pretty penny that could be spend else where on the truck. :shrug:

#5 ·
Yeahh.. as long as you are ready to accept that you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't have an issue withe price and having to do the work say in 15 or 20K again but keep in mind, there's an alignment that would be required when any of those components are replaced except for the stabilizer bar links.

#6 ·
Yeah the reality that comes with any of these off brand amazon/ebay parts! As for an alignment,I know I have to get one right after. Hopefully will be installing strut spacers while Im in there to avoid tearing the front end apart later on.

#8 ·
Drjames said:
Just wondering if any one has experience with these kits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AFLNZG4/re ... GXOI4TAAXT

Only read the opening post before writing this reply. :lol:

Without a doubt the must be cheaper quality then say Acdelco components,But maybe reliable enough and better than my 140k components Im running now? Thoughts?
I've not run these specific parts, but I have used DA's wheel hubs on my Chevy Venture vans when I was using vans for my work. Outstanding quality, superb customer service and a long lasting product. I had to replace one wheel hub because I over tightened the CV end bolt when I replaced it the 1st time. I emailed the seller (don't remember if I got it from a retailer or direct...I bought them all off Amazon) and within 48 hours, I had a brand new wheel hub at my front door...NO CHARGE!!! :thumb:

If I needed these parts you are inquiring about, I wouldn't hesitate getting what you linked to.

#9 ·
Squirrel said:
Drjames said:

Only read the opening post before writing this reply. :lol:

I've not run these specific parts, but I have used DA's wheel hubs on my Chevy Venture vans when I was using vans for my work. Outstanding quality, superb customer service and a long lasting product. I had to replace one wheel hub because I over tightened the CV end bolt when I replaced it the 1st time. I emailed the seller (don't remember if I got it from a retailer or direct...I bought them all off Amazon) and within 48 hours, I had a brand new wheel hub at my front door...NO CHARGE!!! :thumb:

If I needed these parts you are inquiring about, I wouldn't hesitate getting what you linked to.
How do you manage to overtighten a Hub bolt?? Those are normally at 210-225 ft/lbs?! or are you talking about the hubs that have 3 bolts that hold it to the steering knuckle type of hub bolt or the single hub bolt that fastens the CV shaft to the hub bearing? The three bolt configurations can be overtorqued.

#10 ·
Good to hear. I've ordered the parts and hoping to do the job after the holidays. Should also be installing strut spacers at the same time. Anything else you recommend to switch while the front end is apart?

#11 ·
14theRoad said:
How do you manage to overtighten a Hub bolt?? Those are normally at 210-225 ft/lbs?! or are you talking about the hubs that have 3 bolts that hold it to the steering knuckle type of hub bolt or the single hub bolt that fastens the CV shaft to the hub bearing? The three bolt configurations can be overtorqued.
Over tightened the half shaft nut. :wall: Too loose or too tight will ruin a bearing faster than anything. It happens. What can I say. :beer:

:topic:

#12 ·
Received the kit today. Everything seams to be in order. Lower control arms,stab links and tie rid ends. Everything looks rugged enough and alot better than what's on the truck now. However one of the ball joints on the control arm has a grease fitting and the left side dose not. What do you make of that?

#13 ·
Drjames said:
Received the kit today. Everything seams to be in order. Lower control arms,stab links and tie rid ends. Everything looks rugged enough and alot better than what's on the truck now. However one of the ball joints on the control arm has a grease fitting and the left side dose not. What do you make of that?
Hmmm...I'd write the seller and inquire about one with no grease zerk. Do the stabilizer links have zerks also? I go out of my way getting parts without zerks. I don't like them. Took me 3 different parts houses to find my stabilizer links that were sealed.

#14 ·
Wrote them an email about the grease fittings,waiting to hear back. The links do not have the fitting but the tie rod ends do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.