Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Daylight savings time???

30K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  rfruth 
#1 ·
I just noticed my forum time was off by an hour, so I checked my timezone, and it was correct. I then noticed that there was a setting to turn on/off DST. Isn't this supposed to happen automatically, or is that just how this forum software works, you have to manually turn DST on/off to display the correct times?

#31 ·
If you notice that the time displayed on your computer does not match that shown on the forum, follow the helpful hint shown below in the quoted post.

That includes moderators!!! :yes: :hyst:

Charles said:
:bump:

Since Daylight Saving Time starts tomorrow here in the US, you may notice that the forum time is different than is shown on your computer.

Here is how to fix that.

You need to go to the User Control Panel and then choose the "Board Preferences" tab. Then click "Yes" at the spot shown.

#33 ·
Charles said:
If you notice that the time displayed on your computer does not match that shown on the forum, follow the helpful hint shown below in the quoted post.

That includes moderators!!! :yes: :hyst:

Charles said:

Since Daylight Saving Time starts tomorrow here in the US, you may notice that the forum time is different than is shown on your computer.

Here is how to fix that.

You need to go to the User Control Panel and then choose the "Board Preferences" tab. Then click "Yes" at the spot shown.

#34 ·
Actually, my Escape has the easiest clock setting function I've ever used in a car. Turn the radio on, push the "clock" button, use the station selector buttons to punch in the time, and leave it for a few seconds before turning off the radio.

As for the time change, it's just a nuisance. Whether or not kids go or come home from school also depends on the latitude, after all. I got fouled up this year for an early meeting because I guessed wrong whether my watch and phone updated automatically. (Both did, I set the alarm only on the phone, but the phone updated despite my attempt to set offline it to prevent an update. Then because it was offline, the other parties were unable to contact me to find out where I was.) At least the Escape had a predictable time display.

#35 ·
It is that time of year again. If you are wondering why the time on the forum doesn't match that on your computer or phone, here is why.

Charles said:

Here is how to fix that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.