Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Fall Escape

8K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  dorser69 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals. It's been a while since I've been around here, so busy at work and home. I bought a set of LED bulbs to replace the halogen bulbs in my low beam projectors. WOW!! They look amazing! Now I have to buy a set for my high beams. With the Spyder lights, both high and low beams use H1 bulbs. I had to go to the provincial vet to pay my horse care bill and saw a huge maple tree with tons of leaves lying on the ground under it and thought it was a perfect photo op for my Escape. Feel free to PM me if you want details on the led lights, the place I got them from is quick and they make lots of products for our vehicles.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Charle! The only thing I love about fall are the colours of the changing leaves. And the way they compliment my Escape

#4 ·
Super pics. :thumb: :thumb:

I like the light setup as well, I recently put Led in my Fog and now I want to replace the H1 Low and Hi beam.

Can you post here your set up and a how to if it possible?
Thanks

#5 ·
Thanks Frenchy!
I'll take a few pics of what I did tonight. Actually, I have my low beams wired separately on a switch mounted on my steering column so they stay on when I turn on the high beams. I tapped into a switched fuse in the panel so they automatically come on when I start it. Now I have the option to turn them off during the day and the halos and LED strips in the Spyker lights work like my Drl's as well.as the driving lights.

#8 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys:) My wife says I'm obsessed with my Escape, I think I might be a little bit.

#9 ·
Previously I was not sure on bull bars but yours looks good. May have to reconsider. What brand do you have? Also, does not seem like it does but does it block the license plate at all?

#10 ·
Hey backroad101. My bull bar is made by u-guard and I bought it on Amazon for a little over 200. It doesn't block my plate but the 6 inch lights make it look like armbo, lol. I'm eventually going to get a 22 inch led light bar to mount in it.

#12 ·
Lol.
not a serious question, right?

#14 ·
Hahaha.
I took a trip to upstate New York a few years ago and met a couple of guys from Orlando. They asked me if we lived in igloos all year round "way up there in Canada" and also asled if I spoke Canadian. I asked what they were talking about, they said " you know... oui, oui". I just laughed and told them,no, I do not speak French., you tools!

#16 ·
I'll try to get some pics tonight Buran.

#17 ·
Thank you! :) I just ordered a pair of H13 extenders so I can tap into the low beam wire without touching the stock wiring. I'm looking at adding some VLED switchbacks to the turn signal sockets and want to install the dimmer wire.

Just one real complaint so far: My shop tapped into the parking light wiring instead of a wire run off the ignition switch to make DRLs out of the halos. Boo. So they're only on when the parking lights are instead of all the time when the ignition is on. I'll have to fix that at some point.

I'd especially like to know how you dealt with the rubber cap behind the low beam socket. The wiring runs through it. Were you able to re-seal the headlights somehow or are you just leaving them open?

#19 ·
dorser69 said:
Hey guys and gals. It's been a while since I've been around here, so busy at work and home. I bought a set of LED bulbs to replace the halogen bulbs in my low beam projectors. WOW!! They look amazing! Now I have to buy a set for my high beams. With the Spyder lights, both high and low beams use H1 bulbs. I had to go to the provincial vet to pay my horse care bill and saw a huge maple tree with tons of leaves lying on the ground under it and thought it was a perfect photo op for my Escape. Feel free to PM me if you want details on the led lights, the place I got them from is quick and they make lots of products for our vehicles.

Hi. Is this beauty lifted in the front? Let me know

#20 ·
Nope. The suspension is all stock height. Also, I put a new set of 265/60 R18 Michelin tires on it and they don't rub anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.