Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Anyone have a 2017 Escape yet?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  rfruth 
#1 ·
I was hoping for someone to measure the deep, center console hole, under the arm rest. I saw, on a You tube video, that they supposedly made that hole bigger, for a "nice size purse". HA! I sat in one over the weekend, but my small purse wouldn't fit! I didn't think to measure it though. I like to be prepared! :) (for sometime this year...) :thumb:

#2 ·
My wife has hers in destin at the moment 600 miles away or I would measure. It is very small there though.

Update: I thought you may be able to tell in the pics we have but you can't. I know we had to stand up my wifes long wallet and the check book to fit and that too up most of the space with her ipod nano in the usb. Compared to the 06 Expedition we traded in that cubby was a bottomless pit. Our 06 Escape is probably about double the space in there too.

#5 ·
There just happened to be a yard stick in the car and I remembered your post.
5"x 10" roughly for full storage. the front part 2" has the dc port and the usb and slants down toward the main part. the top part has a split tray for a phone that occupies some of the top space.

#6 ·
legalkill said:
There just happened to be a yard stick in the car and I remembered your post.
5"x 10" roughly for full storage. the front part 2" has the dc port and the usb and slants down toward the main part. the top part has a split tray for a phone that occupies some of the top space.

Wow, thanks for remembering!!! :)

#8 ·
I just migrated from '10 > '17. The storage box is much smaller than the '10. Matter of fact the small storage container that is up top on the '10 bin covers up part of the power outlet when used to organize thinks. They did make up for it a bit w/ a very ample glove box now though.

#9 ·
I have the Titanium with the auto-highbeams. Mine take a bit to "warm up" so I manually turn them on and off until they start automatically doing it. Not sure if that is how they're designed and I have a glitch or not. Something else I've noticed is that I can push the lever forward and nothing will happen, then push it forward again the high beams will come on.

Also, has anyone found small containers to organize the console box? Or some sort of dividers? I like to hide things away when I'm not in the car or things I don't use frequently but hate having to dig around.

#10 ·
I didn't opt for the auto-hi beam option but on the center console subject any small containers to organize the console box ideas out there ? The main lower part of the console is quite large (wonder if I'll feel the same a year from now) but the small upper tray is attached to the part you rest your arm on so when you open it the contents of the small upper tray tend spill, some small containers to organize the console box would be nice (clear as mud ?) :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.