Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

[FS]-3D Printed cup holder & storage bins inserts

11K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  uncledub 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!
I was tired of my dirty cup holders and the other storage bins in the car being hard to clean, so I designed and am 3D printing some flat inserts to make them look nicer and easier to clean. I'm selling the sets for $9 shipped (lower 48 states). They have a crisp texture and are very simple to remove and clean off, rather than messing with a vacuum, rags, etc.

See pictures at the link below.

http://s376.photobucket.com/user/rsmalo ... t=9&page=1

The plastic is quite durable and holds up to heat very well. Message me if interested!! I've got some printed and ready to ship.

Cheers!

#3 ·
That's cool!

#7 ·
jarheadoo7 said:
How soon after we send money do they ship out?
Would you mind messaging me your name and address? (that way your info is kept private) If you've already paid, I can't tell who you are on my paypal. I've got several orders a day coming in from Ebay and they're all getting mixed together. I have some ready to ship Though!

-robert

#12 ·
Noticed your existing items are for 2008 - 2012 Escape/Mariner. Have you considered printing these items for 2001 - 2007 Escape/Mariner/Tribute or 2013 - 2016 Escape??? Your products are well liked by those people who have already installed them.

#13 ·
I'd be more than happy to make them for the previous and latest model. I don't have access to either vehicle to get proper dimensions, though. If someone is open to mailing me paper templates, I could match the dimensions. I'd give you a free set or two and $20 for your time. PM me if you'd be up for it and we could discuss any further details, share my address, etc.
Thank you everyone for the kind comments!

Cheers-

#21 ·
Have you made these for 2005 yet?

#23 ·
I can try what all do I need to measure

#25 ·
The 2013 - 2016 only has two cup holders in the console and one in each of the four doors. Don't think you included the molded cup holders in the doors in the Gen 2 items you have previously made. Am I right on this?? :shrug:

#26 ·
Charles said:
The 2013 - 2016 only has two cup holders in the console and one in each of the four doors. Don't think you included the molded cup holders in the doors in the Gen 2 items you have previously made. Am I right on this?? :shrug:
for the 08-12 model, I've been selling a 10 piece set: 4 door 'handle' compartments, 4 cup holders ( 2 in the back part of the console for the back seat, 2 on the front end for the front) and 2 general rectangular bins around the gear shift for random storage. there aren't any cup holders in the doors. there is a storage bin in each door for napkins, gloves, maps, etc, but I haven't bothered with those since it's a curved and more complicated 'foot print'. If the surface isn't flat, it's much much more complicated and expensive to design and print.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.