Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Diecast Model Mercury Mariner

9K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  FRENCHY 
#1 ·
#2 ·
First... :welcome:

Second... Our system doesn't allow the first post by a member to display photos so no matter what you did, the photo wouldn't show. This is a spam deterrent. You should be good from now on. Here is the photo:

Kind of funny how the die cast has Escape wheels, front bumper, head and fog lights ... :?

#5 ·
RobtRoma said:
Kind of funny how the die cast has Escape wheels, front bumper, head and fog lights ... :?
I just noticed this part of your post!
Yes, in reality this is just a toy Ford Escape, but I wanted a toy that matches my car!
So I took my tube of touch up paint and some more paint and clay from a craft store, and made my own :)
I am not a skilled craftsman, but I do like to have fun.

Here are a few more pictures:

#6 ·
lol... That's great. If you want to take it a step further, you can make an RC version like I did:

#8 ·
It's a Traxxas E-Maxx chassis

with a Barbie Escape that was cut up and painted for the body:

I made some custom stand-offs and added some painted plastic for windows. Someone gave me scanned PDF with lights and badge graphics that I printed on adhesive paper, cut out and stuck to the body for the finishing touches. It was a bit of work but it was fun.

#13 ·
raysfan said:
These are so cool. I had looked for a die cast of the 2nd generation (2008-2012) Escape and could not find one. Looked again about 4 months ago and found one but it was tiny! Not much bigger than a hot wheel.
Me too, I couldn't even find a tiny 2nd gen :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.