Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

For Frenchy...

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MadMax 
#1 ·
2018 Lincoln Navigator Concept an Outrageous SUV with Supercar Doors

Introduced on the eve of the 2016 New York Auto Show, the Lincoln Navigator concept, which has gullwing doors like a supercar and a small flight of entry stairs, looks to bring the brand's best-known nameplate to a new generation. Its design team drew inspiration from luxury sailboats and yachts when designing the new concept, said Lincoln. As a result, you get a full-size SUV concept with clean, modern lines and a Storm Blue paint finish aimed to mimic the greys and blues of sea and sky. Inside, you will find teak finishes, custom gear and even a wardrobe management system.

The 2018 Lincoln Navigator concept is powered by a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 engine that delivers more than 400 horsepower. It also boasts the nameplate's most spacious interior yet with six Lincoln-patented Perfect Position Seats that are adjustable 30 ways.

Stepping into the cabin itself is an experience, with the concept boasting power gullwing doors, akin to what you see on exotic sports cars. Greeting passengers are fancy concertina steps and a special lighting sequence that is a signature Lincoln feature.

Advanced safety features on the SUV include pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection, a 360-degree camera and enhanced park assist, as well as a lane-keeping system that vibrates the steering wheel to alert drivers when they stray from their lane.

"The all-new Navigator Concept reinforces our commitment to give every Lincoln client what we call quiet luxury - vehicles and experiences that are elegant, effortlessly powerful and serene," said Kumar Galhotra, president of Lincoln. "This kind of quiet luxury sets Lincoln apart. Now, we're showing fans of large SUVs how we can exceed their expectations, without being the loudest statement on the road."

By Jason Siu AutoGuide.com http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016 ... doors.html

I think it's gorgeous, looks more like a Bentley SUV then the new Bentley SUV :thumb:

See less See more
#3 ·
Motortrend had a photo of it on Instagram today. Great looking luxury SUV. Can definitely see styling cues from the continental. MT compared the doors to Tesla's falcon wing doors. Considering the trouble that Tesla went through with them I think these are a bit over the top. Though they would probably be a premium option I'd imagine. Nice departure from the current Navigator. Finally seeing more of Lincoln distinguishing itself from Ford. :shades:

Oh! And did anyone see the steps that fold out?? Lincoln is planning some big stuff it seems.

#4 ·
Ford said the gull wings were strictly for show and wouldn't make it into production, but otherwise the concept is pretty much production ready as is. I think Ford has nailed the "luxury SUV" even more then the Continental nailed the luxury sedan

#5 ·
Thanks Max
Of course I saw this yesterday and me and the wife are drooling over it :drool: :drool:

One thing I don't like, it looks like it have less ground clearence that the actual Navigator.

But this one looks amazing. In between a Land Rover and Bentley

And I saw that Lincoln will change the front grill again....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.