Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

The 2017 Ford Escape!!!

13K views 57 replies 12 participants last post by  HuntingEscape 
#1 ·
See less See more
#27 ·
The SAP looks much better IMHO.

I think the 2 things that bother me most are the roof sweep (as was mentioned earlier by Max I think) and the creases on the hood. These creases are aligned with the outside edges of the grill on the Edge. They look like they are part of the design. On the Escape, they don't really align with anything. It would look so much better if they didn't exist. I wonder if they are there for aerodynamics or structure. If it's structure, they should have done something on the underside and smoothed it out on top.

#28 ·
FRENCHY said:
Onstar is Onstar
Sync Connect is Ford
Just saying
OnStar is GM.
Sync Connect is Ford.

Kind of stating the obvious there Frenchy, no? ;)

OnStar is available as a standalone service. I wonder if Ford will do the same with Sync Connect.

#29 ·
Ah.. I didn't know...Rob that onstar is a GM system

I wonder too if Ford will give us the Connect for free + the apps

The SAP is much better looking

#32 ·
The reason why I went for a 2008 Escape and not a 2013 or newer ( Kuga in europe) is that the 2008-2012 has a lot of f150 and explorer in it. And of course it was 40000 dollars less here in Holland. :( :(
The 2015 Escape here in Holland costs around $ 50000..........the new Edge $70000 with a whimpy 2 litre DIESEL.

#33 ·
niels_dart said:
The reason why I went for a 2008 Escape and not a 2013 or newer ( Kuga in europe) is that the 2008-2012 has a lot of f150 and explorer in it. And of course it was 40000 dollars less here in Holland. :( :(
The 2015 Escape here in Holland costs around $ 50000..........the new Edge $70000 with a whimpy 2 litre DIESEL.
I remember going to Europe as a teenager and being shocked at what a Mustang cost in Denmark, about 17,000 USD. At the time they were about 5000 USD in the US. A Danish kid about my age said to me, "It's every Danish boy's dream to own a Mustang". I said back to him, "It seems at some point in their lives every American owns a Mustang whether they want one or not" I think we both walked away in total disbelief :lol:

#35 ·
I may just treat myself to an SAP Titanium... If it can get those blackout headlights with HID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38 ·
RobtRoma said:
I don't think it has a lift kit. That's probably just Fords typical huge wheel gap.
You're right I found the specs...

2017 Escape SAP Specs:

19-Inch Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
Unique Black Front Fender Grilles
Gloss-Black Fog Lamp Surrounds
Black-Bezel Halogen Projector Headlamps
Black-Tinted Taillamps
Sporty V-Shaped Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats
LED Signature Daytime Running Lamps
Black Roof Rails
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Gear Shifter

Close enough to want :yes:

#39 ·
And i'm sure lot's people here will want the back bottom glossy thingy between the exhaust :shades:

#40 ·
backroad101 said:
Is the base 2.5L the same as in 2nd gen escapes and if yes does it use an engine cover?
the 2.5 is the same. I highly doubt it'll have an engine cover but we'll have to wait to see. That engine is 8+ years old now. I am not sure if its performance has changed at all

#41 ·
FRENCHY said:
And i'm sure lot's people here will want the back bottom glossy thingy between the exhaust :shades:
I don't understand why they feel a need to highlight that panel. It looks better in black but they had to make it glossy?

#43 ·
Glad that they get rid of the small black plastic under the headlight :shades:

#44 ·
RobtRoma said:
FRENCHY said:
I don't understand why they feel a need to highlight that panel. It looks better in black but they had to make it glossy?
For everyone, except Frenchy, who doesn't like gloss black a couple of shots of matte clearcoat will fix you right up :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.