Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

eBay All-In-One Key Fob

19K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Silent183 
#1 ·
I ordered a key/fob from a Chinese seller on eBay and just wanted to let people know what I think
of it.
Here is a link...
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221518640364?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
This is the key/fob...

The fob is very well made, with a quality I wasn't expecting. I paid US $21.99 with free shipping. The chip is an 80-bit chip
and it starts the Escape with no problems. I had to take the key out to get it cut (locksmith asked) and when I saw the key,
it too looks to be very well made.

The fob seems to work twice as far away as the stock fob. Weird but true.

The only negative I had with this was the battery (2025) was dead when I tried to program the fob. I have extras and put
one in and it programmed perfectly, the same thing with the PATs programming.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice all-in-one key/fob.

Ian

See less See more
#4 ·
I've been curious about these seen them around ebay. Is it very bulky? And to get the key made where did you have to go and was it expensive?

#5 ·
I have something similar for my Equinox. It is bulky but is it worse than having a separate key and fob? I don't think so. My only issue is the key will often unfold in my pocket. This can put pressure on the hinge. There have been a few reports on the Equinox forums of the key breaking at the hinge leaving people stranded. It's a good concept but I think it needs improving on.

#8 ·
Yossarian14 said:
Would you be able to tell me what was involved in getting the key cut and programmed for your escape? Others have asked in your thread where you posted.

Thanks
Key cutting it really cheap. any locksmith or even hardware store can do it. If you have 2 working keys already you can program them yourself, if not you will have to take it to a locksmith or dealer. I had one done for my old dodge truck and it was about 15 minutes total, and the locksmith charged me like $40.00.

I believe the key programming steps are in the owners manual. (not sure if American to Canadian models would be different.)

#9 ·
Wish my 2013 was an easy job. Doesnt look like I can program mine since I have the 5 button remote with all the bells and whistles. I may be able to get a new key fob off of ebay, but I'm going to make sure my P/N matches up along with the the FCC and the other number. I have heard horror stories of even the dealer messing up the programming on the newer Escapes.

#14 ·
Jeep_Explorer said:
ibra0078 said:
Can any locksmith program the key, looking to get one for my 2011 EC.
They should. But it might depend on make and model, and if they know how to do it. Maybe call ahead and ask?
They most likely can't, either way, if you have two keys, you can program a third yourself, if not it is a heafty dealer price

#16 ·
Rook said:
Jeep_Explorer said:
ibra0078 said:
Can any locksmith program the key, looking to get one for my 2011 EC.
They should. But it might depend on make and model, and if they know how to do it. Maybe call ahead and ask?
They most likely can't, either way, if you have two keys, you can program a third yourself, if not it is a heafty dealer price
Chipped keys do NOT have to go to the dealer. I have already talked with my local locksmith and they can do it for me. I need them to do it as I just bought my escape a week ago, and it only came with one key. Which is why I opted to get some ebay keys.

#20 ·
if you have both keys, your Escape can program your car. There is a process in the manual i believe that involves both keys, then insert the new aftermarket cut fob and the Escape flashes it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7167341_program-ford-escape-key.html

the point of having two keys is to ensure that a theif who found a car key can copy it

#21 ·
only if the chip is preprogrammed for your car (Ford Escape in this case). If you have only one original Ford key and you get an aftermarket FOB key, you'll need a locksmith to program it.
If you have at least the two original keys, you can program the FOB by yourself (beside a locksmith to cut the actual blade)

#22 ·
there's two procedures: one is to program the key to the ignition of the car (in the manual is explained on page 110) and the second is to program the remote (for the door etc):

Programming for Ford
When

Remote transmitter added or replaced.
System malfunction.

How

Obtain all remote transmitters.

NOTE: If the vehicle is equipped with memory seats: Program the No.1 remote
transmitter (marked on the back of the remote transmitter) first and No.2
second etc.

FIRST THING TO DO!!! Get in your vehicle, make sure all doors are closed and unlocked.

Switch ignition from OFF to ON 8 times within 10 seconds (On the 8th time leave key in the ON position in the ignition):
Doors should lock then unlock.
Within 7.5 seconds:
Press any button on the first remote transmitter.
Within 7.5 seconds:
Press any button on the second remote transmitter.
Within 7.5 seconds:
Press any button on the third remote transmitter.
Within 7.5 seconds:
Press any button on the fourth remote transmitter.

NOTE: If door locks do not operate: Wait a few seconds and then press the
button again.

Switch ignition OFF:

NOTE: A maximum of 4 remote transmitters can be programmed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.