stupid question

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

stupid question

Postby cswanson8606 - October 22nd, 2014, 10:43 am

So. Had a remote start installed on my 2003 3.0 4x 4and now cruise control is not working. Would the remote start affect the cruise? I have an appointment with them next week to look at it. Was just going to ask.
cswanson8606

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2003 ford escape XLT

Re: stupid question

Postby onthelam - October 22nd, 2014, 12:25 pm

Well, we don't believe there is such a thing as a stupid question. However there's probably no way anyone here can answer it!

If the installer grabbed a power source from the cruise system,they may have altered something. If they disturbed a harness, temporarily moved anything, accidentally blew a fuse, or whatever, they may have affected your cruise system and would not know it.

On the other hand they might not have; your cruise system might have an unrelated problem. Either way, it could be a long process to get to the bottom of this type of problem. Best of luck!
Be Prepared!

Central Ontario "Escape the Ordinary" (TBA, hopefully in July 2017)

Image Image

Current: 2012 Escape XLT V6 FWD -- & more toys
Previous: 2008 Escape XLT V6 4WD -- Owned 4 1/2 yrs, traded Nov 2014. Solid, few toys.
onthelam

E-C LEVEL 7
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 FWD
My vehicle's name: Gimli II (the dwarf warrior)

Postby AmericanPride - October 22nd, 2014, 12:25 pm

Chances are that's a fuse.

Usually we don't do anything in that area for a remote start.
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby AhuraMazda04 - November 13th, 2014, 10:26 pm

I find that the end of the cruise control cable tends to wear out and not clip onto the throttle mechanism. Mine slipped off and when re-installed it popped right back off when throttle was opened. Zip tie was made into a make shift retainer and it fixed it with no issue. Check fuses as well. Never over look the simple stuff. The only way I think that remote start could interfere with cruise control is if the wiring was disturbed during installation of the remote start. Good Luck! :thumb:
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2004 Mazda Tribute LX FWD

Postby grateful908 - November 17th, 2014, 1:24 am

I'm thinking about remote start for my 03 XLS. Does it interfere with the alarm? locking and unlocking? Who did yours? Ford Dealer Or Remote Start dealer? AND. The big one. Cost? Do you have one fob for remote start and one for lock/unlock/alarm? Or one Master fob? Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know. Thank You. :confused:
grateful908

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 03XLS - 13 Honda Oddity

Postby AmericanPride - November 17th, 2014, 3:44 am

grateful908 wrote:I'm thinking about remote start for my 03 XLS. Does it interfere with the alarm? locking and unlocking? Who did yours? Ford Dealer Or Remote Start dealer? AND. The big one. Cost? Do you have one fob for remote start and one for lock/unlock/alarm? Or one Master fob? Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know. Thank You. :confused:

An aftermarket alarm will do 1 of 2 things. Disable the factory alarm and use its own sensors, or 2 arm/disarm the factory with every lock/unlock and use some of its own stuff.

Bottom line. No, your factory system won't be affected and you will have one remote to rule them all
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby grateful908 - January 11th, 2017, 2:39 am

I want to install Remote Start, not Alarm system...
grateful908

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 03XLS - 13 Honda Oddity

Postby AmericanPride - January 11th, 2017, 4:38 am

grateful908 wrote:I want to install Remote Start, not Alarm system...

Same thing. I've done plenty of them
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Return to Tailgate Chat