Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Horn upgrade

6K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  zibercat 
#1 ·
Has anyone upgraded there horn? I would like too. Seems a bit too dinky. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
Here's what I have on record:

2008 - 9L8Z 13832 A $28.50
2009+ - 9L8Z 13832 B $44.48 (Stage 1)
2009+ - 9L8Z 13832 C $49.10 (Stage 2)

I wonder if the 2006 is the same as the 2008.

#4 ·
I had an Hella brand air horn installed once in my Lexus. It was so loud! It sounded like a truck trumpet horn. I couldn't pass inspection in New Jersey until I unplugged it and plugged the original one back in. Fortunately for me I was able to do it in the parking lot.

I was looking on Amazon they have these this Freeway Blaster for 15 dollars.

Then they have High and Low horns. Question is would I need both to get a good quality sound? I guess I cant buy one without the other?

http://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-Freew ... uto_text_z

#7 ·
I bought the cheep three trumpet air horns and only used the two smaller ones to make it sound like a Ferrari horn. Was thinking of painting my E Ferrari red and putting on the badges. Would call it (Ferrar E)

#8 ·
Jay2TheRescue said:
I hear the limited models had a better horn. You can probably get one from a scrapyard for cheap, and it would be a direct replacement. Personally, I was thinking about getting a small air horn and wiring it up in there.
I have a Limited, and the horn is, um, "pathetic" comes to mind. In fact, I thought it probably had two horns and one had stopped working. Turns out, the Escape has only one horn. Dual horns allow resonance between them for more volume and a richer sound. Of course dual horns cost more, weigh more and use more power.

#9 ·
I also have a Limited, I don't know if I have a dual horn, but I can say that I have two notes, a B and a G :thumb: That make a major 3rd in the musical language, and it also means it is a happy horn :thumb:

And It sounds good :thumb:

#15 ·
GatorJ said:
zibercat said:
I have a 2008 xlt 4wd and the horn was awful. I replaced it with a double OEM horn. You need to remove the front bumper.
(I realize this is an old thread.) After you removed the front bumper cover, was this a direct swap?
Sorry the Escape is my "in case of emergency" car now. Since I don't use it as much as before I usually don't check this site. Yes it was direct swap. I believe the EOM horn from a 2009 or 2010 escape. (two tone)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.