Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problems logging in?

970K views 84 replies 31 participants last post by  Colleen 
#1 ·
Hola,

I made some changes to the site this morning. If you have trouble logging in, click the Delete All Board Cookies link on the lower right side of the page. Also, delete any cookies stored by your browser.

I wasn't able to get in here myself until I cleared out cookies, and then it worked fine again.

Sorry about the inconvenience, but people were having trouble signing up and/or logging in, and these changes will fix things going forward.

-JP

For help with logging in or account activations, please send an e-mail to ec.activate@gmail.com with your username and the issue you are having. For users with an activated account but who still cannot log in, please include which browser you are using. Do not include your password! That is confidential information and no one will ever ask you for it.

#57 ·
We're still having a few e-mail problems. I'm watching the queued e-mail and the "bad mail" folders on the server, and I'm seeing a reverse DNS problem for some domain addresses. Yahoo is also rejecting e-mails from my server, and another domain name is throwing a protocol error.

I may not be able to get around to fixing this stuff until tomorrow, but I'll work on it.

#58 ·
I had to add an IP address to my server, and I'm in the process of changing the domain IP and setting the PTR record for it. That should finally resolve (no pun intended) the e-mail DNS lookup problem that's preventing some e-mail from being sent. There won't be any site interruption, since I'm accepting both current and new IP addresses until the IP change replicates throughout the 'net.

On a side note, someone from this site is trying to hack into my FTP server. I'm more than just a little disturbed by that.

I'm going to leave this warning: hacking attempts will be followed through with your ISP as abuse, and most ISPs take abuse investigations seriously. If I find the same IP address in any post on this site, that user will be banned immediately.

#69 ·
Yes, when they finally log in. And they may have tried to do what I did, which is access it on my phone. The phone worked, Roadrunner didn't... at least until late last night.

:D

#70 ·
i have noticed some small problem to STAY login only with Chrome browser :? :? this happen yesterday and today a couple of times :?
i am now actually browsing EC with Windows internet explorer :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :bill:

FrenchyBarf

#73 ·
XCAPE2008 said:
Hey so I can't log on to one of my computers. My other computers remember the correct password. The other one remembers an old password. I change it, but I don't know if I'm putting in the correct one. Let me know.
I'm a little confused here, but moderators do not have access to members passwords so I don't know how we can help. :?

#75 ·
You might need to clear the cookies and passwords in the browser on the old computer and try logging in again. If that doesn't work, you might need to reset your password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.