For Frenchy...

Discuss your 2015 - Present Lincoln MKC here!!!!

For Frenchy...

Postby MadMax - March 23rd, 2016, 5:54 pm

2018 Lincoln Navigator Concept an Outrageous SUV with Supercar Doors

Introduced on the eve of the 2016 New York Auto Show, the Lincoln Navigator concept, which has gullwing doors like a supercar and a small flight of entry stairs, looks to bring the brand’s best-known nameplate to a new generation. Its design team drew inspiration from luxury sailboats and yachts when designing the new concept, said Lincoln. As a result, you get a full-size SUV concept with clean, modern lines and a Storm Blue paint finish aimed to mimic the greys and blues of sea and sky. Inside, you will find teak finishes, custom gear and even a wardrobe management system.

The 2018 Lincoln Navigator concept is powered by a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 engine that delivers more than 400 horsepower. It also boasts the nameplate’s most spacious interior yet with six Lincoln-patented Perfect Position Seats that are adjustable 30 ways.

Stepping into the cabin itself is an experience, with the concept boasting power gullwing doors, akin to what you see on exotic sports cars. Greeting passengers are fancy concertina steps and a special lighting sequence that is a signature Lincoln feature.

Advanced safety features on the SUV include pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection, a 360-degree camera and enhanced park assist, as well as a lane-keeping system that vibrates the steering wheel to alert drivers when they stray from their lane.

“The all-new Navigator Concept reinforces our commitment to give every Lincoln client what we call quiet luxury – vehicles and experiences that are elegant, effortlessly powerful and serene,” said Kumar Galhotra, president of Lincoln. “This kind of quiet luxury sets Lincoln apart. Now, we’re showing fans of large SUVs how we can exceed their expectations, without being the loudest statement on the road.”

By Jason Siu AutoGuide.com http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016 ... doors.html

I think it's gorgeous, looks more like a Bentley SUV then the new Bentley SUV :thumb:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Re: For Frenchy...

Postby Charles - March 23rd, 2016, 6:49 pm

:drool: :drool:
Image Image

Present vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row)
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2016 Escape Titanium FWD 2.0L
My vehicle's name: Shadow

Postby Escape94 - March 23rd, 2016, 7:18 pm

Motortrend had a photo of it on Instagram today. Great looking luxury SUV. Can definitely see styling cues from the continental. MT compared the doors to Tesla's falcon wing doors. Considering the trouble that Tesla went through with them I think these are a bit over the top. Though they would probably be a premium option I'd imagine. Nice departure from the current Navigator. Finally seeing more of Lincoln distinguishing itself from Ford. :shades:

Oh! And did anyone see the steps that fold out?? Lincoln is planning some big stuff it seems.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby MadMax - March 23rd, 2016, 7:26 pm

Ford said the gull wings were strictly for show and wouldn't make it into production, but otherwise the concept is pretty much production ready as is. I think Ford has nailed the "luxury SUV" even more then the Continental nailed the luxury sedan
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Postby FRENCHY - March 24th, 2016, 7:08 am

Thanks Max
Of course I saw this yesterday and me and the wife are drooling over it :drool: :drool:

One thing I don't like, it looks like it have less ground clearence that the actual Navigator.

But this one looks amazing. In between a Land Rover and Bentley

And I saw that Lincoln will change the front grill again....
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758&start=30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby MadMax - March 24th, 2016, 7:27 am

Hopefully we'll have more specs on it soon

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Postby FRENCHY - March 24th, 2016, 8:02 am

It's a bird, it's a plane it's a ... :whistle: :whistle:

2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758&start=30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby MadMax - March 24th, 2016, 8:32 am

... it's a pain in the butt, ask Elon Musk :lol:

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Postby MadMax - March 24th, 2016, 8:53 am

If Lincoln wanted to really impress the world all they would have to do is put suicide doors on it

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Return to Lincoln Lane