Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

P0191 Code????

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Midshift 
#1 ·
I hafta work all day and I'm about to leave but my Ultra-Guage is telling me Pending Trouble Code P0191..

This is almost as quick as me googling and sifting through all the possible BS...

Anybody help me?
I'll be checking throughout the day..

Thx..

-Midshift

#2 ·
Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0191 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.

OBD II Fault Code

OBD II P0191

Fault Code Definition

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

What does this mean?

The Power Train Control Module or PCM needs to know the fuel pressure at all times. This is so the PCM can effectively control the fuel injectors so they deliver the optimal amount of fuel into the engine's combustion chambers for maximum power and economy while maintaining the lowest tail pipe emissions.

Code P0191

indicates that the signal from the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor and/or its circuit is sending erratic readings, indicating a fuel pressure condition that is abnormal.

#3 ·
I guess I can go to AutoZone and ask em what I can do? I have no Check Engine Light..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.