Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Mariner Drivers...

13K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Midshift 
#1 ·
Driver flees after car gets stuck on rocks above I-95 in Wilmington

Police are trying to locate the driver of a car who somehow managed to get the vehicle stuck on the rocks, some 30 feet above I-95.

Saturday, December 12, 2015 11:32PM

WILMINGTON (WPVI) --
Police are trying to locate the driver of a car who somehow managed to get the vehicle stuck on the rocks, some 30 feet above I-95.

It happened just shortly after 9:30 p.m. Saturday in Wilmington.

Police said the driver apparently was going too fast while turning on to Adams Street from 8th Street.

The car went off the road and landed on rocks some 30 feet above northbound I-95, off ramp to Delaware Avenue.

The driver of the car fled on foot.

Police are trying to remove the vehicle.

:roll: :lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/driver-flee ... 52745.html

See less See more
#3 ·
:lol: I'd say that his driving was pretty good. I doubt anyone sober could get their EMT to that point and manage to get out in one piece.

Probably had to go somewhere and change his underwear :roll:

#4 ·
How many times do we have to tell E/M/T owners that these vehicles are not intended for serious offroading? :doh:

#6 ·
RobtRoma said:
How many times do we have to tell E/M/T owners that these vehicles are not intended for serious offroading? :doh:
I don't think there's another crossover in this class that has it's limits pushed like EMTs. We seem to think they're little Jeepsters and can go anywhere :bang: Though they always surprise me as to what they can do, but Ford has to take part of the blame for posting pictures like this in their brochures

Obviously this guy in this Mariner had seen it and took it seriously :roll:

#9 ·
Not much this 1st Gen doesnt do..

#10 ·
Midshift said:
I hear ya, used to to love taking my Tribute up there on weekends, or a crawl down Mississippi Canyon. Didn't care much for the St. Louis dunes, though, nothing but posers in Wranglers go there anymore :roll:

#11 ·
MadMax said:
Midshift said:
I hear ya, used to to love taking my Tribute up there on weekends, or a crawl down Mississippi Canyon. Didn't care much for the St. Louis dunes, though, nothing but posers in Wranglers go there anymore :roll:
It's the posers in those AM General HMWV's that think they're so tough.

Throw the M into 1st and show those clowns what's up..

#12 ·
Midshift said:
MadMax said:
Midshift said:
It's the posers in those AM General HMWV's that think they're so tough.

Throw the M into 1st and show those clowns what's up..
I know, right? Straight up Mount Kansas

#13 ·
Or the Cahokia Mounds.. :lol:

#15 ·
"I aint afraid of no ghost" :)P

#17 ·
MadMax said:
Midshift said:
"I aint afraid of no ghost" :)P
That's because you never went four-wheelin' on...

(wait for it)...

I sure hope not.. That's EAST of Tampa. What in the world would I be doing that far down in FL?

Furthest down in FL I've been is Destin.

(other than Orlando as a child, in 1991)

#19 ·
We got hills here in Mo. ..
I can't wait for snow

#20 ·
Midshift said:
I can't wait for snow
Pretty mild winter so far around here, but after two of the worst winters on record I'm not complaining. We've had one big snowfall a month ago, so I was able to get my 4WD jollies out of the way

#21 ·
MadMax said:
Midshift said:
I can't wait for snow
Pretty mild winter so far around here, but after two of the worst winters on record I'm not complaining. We've had one big snowfall a month ago, so I was able to get my 4WD jollies out of the way
Weather lady said last night that today is the Winter Solstice and today begins Winter...
Well, today is gonna be 60 degrees lmao

#23 ·
We are supposed to be around 70* F on Christmas Eve here in the northern NJ/NYC area. After the last two crazy winters, I'm enjoying every minute of this warm December.

#24 ·
RobtRoma said:
We are supposed to be around 70* F on Christmas Eve here in the northern NJ/NYC area. After the last two crazy winters, I'm enjoying every minute of this warm December.
I hear that and it's ok if I get little to no "spin time" in my E this winter

#25 ·
I want SOME snow.. Well, a fair amount at least, or I should have kept my Ranger..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.