Door Ajar light, again..

Discuss your Mercury Mariner here.

Re: Door Ajar light, again..

Postby escape_ottawa - December 8th, 2015, 8:47 pm

:) It's what I do....

If I did not appreciate the corniness of the joke I would not have commented with my over-analysis
2010 Ford Escape XLT V6 4WD - Steel Blue Metallic
Winter Package | Husky Liners | Modded Boat Roller | Hood Deflector
So really no mods
escape_ottawa

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 4WD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Midshift - December 8th, 2015, 10:41 pm

In recent time, it's been cold out. The light is off and my car only goes ape *s**** (alarm) when it gets warm.
"Mods":
6000k Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps/Fogs (Diode Dynamics LLC - STL Mo)
Complete Vehicle Std--to--LED Bulb swap (SuperBrightLEDs - Maryland Heights Mo)
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Custom MTX/Kenwood Audio system
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5
My nickname: Midshift
My vehicle: '05 Mariner Luxury 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Lil-4WD

Postby Midshift - July 16th, 2016, 11:25 pm

16 JUL 2016

Driving past few nights, unsure Wtf the issue is but the Door Ajar light comes on then goes off comes on then goes off comes on then goes off ( repeatedly over and over) accompanying the Door Ajar light of course is the ever so lovely ding tone.
When I bought this vehicle one of the 1st things I did was go to a pick n pull and replaced the Door lock assembly ( after testing each circuit to see which door it was... I don't have the Mariner Premier ) ...

Is it the change in cold/warm air?
Is it a connectivity issue somewhere?
I am beginning to get pi ssed off with all this.
Also, if you decrease speed enough, the cabin/map lights illuminate. All this is a significant and much unwanted annoyance and distraction.
"Mods":
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby DarthR8er - July 17th, 2016, 12:47 pm

I went through the exact same issue with my 2007 Escape. It ended up being one of my rear doors actuator. After a few months, another door actuator started acting up which caused my alarm to go off in the middle of the night. Again, I replaced the faulty actuator and the problem was fixed. A few months later, the dome light would sporadically come on. Sometimes it wouldn't turn-off at all when I shut the doors and set the alarm. After some more in depth inspection, it was another door actuator that kicked the bucket. Instead of putting more money into it, I decided to just turn off the dome light manually from its switch. To this day I still have the dome light off. It sucks but it's not worth it to me putting more money into it over some stupid annoyance. This is a very common problem with the first gen Escapes. My dealer told me they make a killing working on this issue. Good luck fixing your issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape XLS

Postby Midshift - August 3rd, 2016, 9:53 pm

Is there a fuse I can pull?
and if I pull it what all would it effect?
I really just want to kill that annoying tone and the map lights coming on.
I could care less about the Door Ajar light itself.
"Mods":
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby Hybrid Vigor - August 5th, 2016, 6:36 pm

[quote="DarthR8er"]I went through the exact same issue with my 2007 Escape. It ended up being one of my rear doors actuator. After a few months, another door actuator started acting up which caused my alarm to go off in the middle of the night. Again, I replaced the faulty actuator and the problem was fixed. ...
This is a very common problem with the first gen Escapes. My dealer told me they make a killing working on this issue. Good luck fixing your issue. [/quote]

How did such a faulty actuator/door ajar sensor make it past testing and quality control?

My 07 Hybrid seems to have the same issue on the rear passenger door, which is hardly every used. Lube and contact cleaner did nothing.

Is a recall in order? Class action? I'm sick of the alarm going off randomly, and today woke up to find the battery dead thanks to the false positives flicking the lights on and off.

Local Ford dealer can't even look at the problem until next Thursday. "Sorry we sell unreliable vehicles where basic common components fail prematurely so frequently we're slammed. Maybe you should just buy a new one? I have to go count my money now, bye!"

Making a life of vehicle door sensor isn't rocket science! Time to start pulling fuses and saving up for a Toyota.

The nonsense with the MEC coolant pump service advisory-cum-recall was the last straw (I paid out of pocket before the lawsuit forced Ford to fix them). I'm beyond furious now. Ack Ptttth!

:bill:
Hybrid Vigor

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby DarthR8er - August 6th, 2016, 5:51 am

Hybrid Vigor wrote:
DarthR8er wrote:I went through the exact same issue with my 2007 Escape. It ended up being one of my rear doors actuator. After a few months, another door actuator started acting up which caused my alarm to go off in the middle of the night. Again, I replaced the faulty actuator and the problem was fixed. ...
This is a very common problem with the first gen Escapes. My dealer told me they make a killing working on this issue. Good luck fixing your issue.

How did such a faulty actuator/door ajar sensor make it past testing and quality control?

My 07 Hybrid seems to have the same issue on the rear passenger door, which is hardly every used. Lube and contact cleaner did nothing.

Is a recall in order? Class action? I'm sick of the alarm going off randomly, and today woke up to find the battery dead thanks to the false positives flicking the lights on and off.

Local Ford dealer can't even look at the problem until next Thursday. "Sorry we sell unreliable vehicles where basic common components fail prematurely so frequently we're slammed. Maybe you should just buy a new one? I have to go count my money now, bye!"

Making a life of vehicle door sensor isn't rocket science! Time to start pulling fuses and saving up for a Toyota.

The nonsense with the MEC coolant pump service advisory-cum-recall was the last straw (I paid out of pocket before the lawsuit forced Ford to fix them). I'm beyond furious now. Ack Ptttth!

:bill:

If you do decide to replace the actuator, go with the Dorman brand. Good quality at half the cost of OEM. They're pretty easy to replace.

DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Midshift - August 6th, 2016, 10:31 am

I've got to figure out which door it is..
Right now, I'm assuming its the Front Passenger door which was the original issue.

Either way, that damn tone is pissing me the PHUQ off :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
"Mods":
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby DarthR8er - August 6th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Midshift wrote:I've got to figure out which door it is..
Right now, I'm assuming its the Front Passenger door which was the original issue.

Either way, that damn tone is pissing me the PHUQ off :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

The way I found out which actuator was faulty was by getting inside the vehicle and setting the alarm via the key fob remote. After that, from the inside you open one door at a time. If you open a door and the alarm horn doesn't go off, that is the door with the faulty actuator.

Last edited by DarthR8er on August 7th, 2016, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Midshift - August 7th, 2016, 12:12 am

That makes sense..

The way I originally found out was I had a buddy use his voltmeter lol
"Mods":
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5

Previous

Return to Mariner Manor