Door Ajar light, again..

Discuss your Mercury Mariner here.

Door Ajar light, again..

Postby Midshift - October 11th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Here we go again. I have the Luxury trim (05) so the gauge only let's you know that A "door" is open, not which door though. Had this issue in September of '14 so I had a buddy use his voltmeter and we tested every "door", in his driveway on a Saturday. Found it was only the passenger door so I went to a local pick N pull to get the door piece (behind handle) so the door would accept being latched. Well, this crap has started again but typically disappears in the cold and returns when it gets warmer.
I guess I know where to start now, whenever I get around to doing another "diagnosis".
"Mods":
6000k Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps/Fogs (Diode Dynamics LLC - STL Mo)
Complete Vehicle Std--to--LED Bulb swap (SuperBrightLEDs - Maryland Heights Mo)
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Custom MTX/Kenwood Audio system
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5
My nickname: Midshift
My vehicle: '05 Mariner Luxury 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Lil-4WD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Door Ajar light, again..

Postby Midshift - October 23rd, 2015, 11:09 pm

Midshift wrote:Here we go again. I have the Luxury trim (05) so the gauge only let's you know that A "door" is open, not which door though. Had this issue in September of '14 so I had a buddy use his voltmeter and we tested every "door", in his driveway on a Saturday. Found it was only the passenger door so I went to a local pick N pull to get the door piece (behind handle) so the door would accept being latched. Well, this crap has started again but typically disappears in the cold and returns when it gets warmer.
I guess I know where to start now, whenever I get around to doing another "diagnosis".

Weird, seems to be triggered by temperature changes.
I don't know, maybe it's a freakin poltergeist.
"Mods":
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby AhuraMazda04 - October 23rd, 2015, 11:40 pm

Midshift wrote:
Midshift wrote:Here we go again. I have the Luxury trim (05) so the gauge only let's you know that A "door" is open, not which door though. Had this issue in September of '14 so I had a buddy use his voltmeter and we tested every "door", in his driveway on a Saturday. Found it was only the passenger door so I went to a local pick N pull to get the door piece (behind handle) so the door would accept being latched. Well, this crap has started again but typically disappears in the cold and returns when it gets warmer.

Lubricate everything!
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2004 Mazda Tribute LX FWD

Postby Midshift - October 30th, 2015, 8:24 am

AhuraMazda04 wrote:
Midshift wrote:

Lubricate everything!

I may have to set aside time to go door to door and do that.
May take like 30 mins.
"Mods":
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby cmobile - December 4th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Same thing happened to me. Cold weather seemed to make the car alarm go off. Got a new lock/actuator from the J-Yard and seems ok for the past 6 months.

I did take apart the old one to see what the issue was. Buried in the latch/actuator assembly is a micro switch. On the switch, is a small actuator arm that pushes down the button to activate it. The arm (small flat piece of metal about 4mm wide, 1mm thick and an inch long) is hinged on one side of the switch. When I manually actuated the door latch, the arm would not fully depress the button on the switch. I bent it slightly upwards (towards the latch) and it started actuating the switch. You can hear a small "click" when the switch is actuated. Did not reinstall to verify it worked since the J-yard piece was working fine, but before I "Reformed" (bent) the arm, it would not actuate the switch at all, so I assume it worked.

Lots of little moving parts inside the actuator :? . At leas on the 2006.
cmobile

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby DarthR8er - December 4th, 2015, 4:45 pm

I had the same problem. The whole lubricating thing is not going to work. One of your doors actuator has gone bad. Just sit inside your Escape and set the alarm. Open one door at a time. The door that doesn't set-off the alarm is the one with the bad actuator. That's how I figured out which one was bad in my 2007 Escape. No issues since replacing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape XLS

Postby MadMax - December 5th, 2015, 11:35 am

... I'll just show myself out :roll:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby Midshift - December 5th, 2015, 8:48 pm

^ ???
"Mods":
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby escape_ottawa - December 7th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Creepy.... he turned his head to the passenger side, while checking his rear driver's side door is a jar - he turned his head 270 degrees

If he were not such a terrible driver he would have noticed in the mirror that the rear driver's side door is a jar

OK - sorry for continuing the distraction while you have a real aggravating issue I have no input for
2010 Ford Escape XLT V6 4WD - Steel Blue Metallic
Winter Package | Husky Liners | Modded Boat Roller | Hood Deflector
So really no mods
escape_ottawa

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 4WD

Postby MadMax - December 8th, 2015, 1:48 am

escape_ottawa wrote:Creepy.... he turned his head to the passenger side, while checking his rear driver's side door is a jar - he turned his head 270 degrees

If he were not such a terrible driver he would have noticed in the mirror that the rear driver's side door is a jar

OK - sorry for continuing the distraction while you have a real aggravating issue I have no input for

It' a "Mariner thing", you wouldn't understand :roll: ...

You're giving this WAAAAAY too much thought, it was just a corny joke :lol:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Next

Return to Mariner Manor