New wheel as a spare

Tires, rims, lugs, wheel locks, detailing, more

New wheel as a spare

Postby dnuggetz - November 2nd, 2016, 11:14 pm

Using the valuable information in this forum, I was able to upgrade my suspension and get new tires on my 01 V6 4WD. Thanks for all the insight!

Because I got bigger tires, I could no longer use the spare that came with my vehicle. I am now seeking a new wheel and purchasing a new tire for the spare to match the rest.

I am struggling on finding the right wheel. I believe I have the right center bore (67.1) and def the right bolt pattern, but the offset is getting me.

So far my research says this is the wheel I should buy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MAWGOUF

I have stock Alloy rims with BF Goodrich AT T/A KO tires; LT245/70 R16

Could I use the steely above or would I need to purchase an expensive alloy rim to match the rest?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Edit: My main issue is that I can't seem to find the offset's for the stock alloy rim
dnuggetz
The 20,000th Member

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: New wheel as a spare

Postby Sevencycle - February 14th, 2017, 5:08 pm

I got my stock wheel/spare at my local Junkyard for $70. I had all of my wheels powder coated. The spare is mounted on the roof rack. I got 2 extra cross pieces, pulled the end pieces and then used stainless fasteners and JB weld. I also bought a Yakima spare tire mount kit and a 3way strap @ Home Depot for $15. The strap is going for $90 at any other store.
There is some fab work for the base plate. I used a piece of steel plate some aluminum square tube and exhaust brackets. The wheel mounts right side up instead of upside down. The hold down plate, attach bolt and screw down are all from the Yakima kit. I am apparently stupid as I cannot figure out how to attach some pictures for you. Once I figure that out I'll post them.
One last thing is clearance. Its at 74".
G. Ripley
Sevencycle
The 20,000th Member

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: '02 Tribute ES 4x4

Return to Tires And Rims