Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

new wheel wipes

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  NBHRaven 
#1 ·
has anybody used this product before "new wheel wipes", i bought some new rims and was going to put some of this on them to help protect and make it easier to clean. Thoughts ?

#3 ·
I've had good luck with the regular wipe new on black plastic only. It did not work on clear plastics at all. This being said, I would never put anything other than wax on my rims. If it starts to bubble or have white spots, your totally screwed. I had to wet sand the stuff off my high mounted brake light when that stuff turned in to pimples.

#4 ·
This sounds like an armor-all type deal.

"This will make your dash look amazing!..."

But, they forget to mention that if you don't use it REGULARLY, you just trashed your plastics.

I would do like Tire said, get some good, thick wax and get a couple good coats on it.

The last thing you want is something that might eat that clear coat

#5 ·
well i went ahead and did it, i have to say this stuff works great. my wheels look brand new and are the shiniest i have ever seen. i was a little worried at first but now im more than happy i did it, brake dust wipes off with no effort at all and if this protects for even a year i will be more than happy let alone the 2 years it says. i would say its worth the $20

#6 ·
Personally, I detail cars as my side business. If I'm not mistaking they look like chrome played rims? If so, I use Turtle Wax chrome polish. It's also a rust remover if I'm not mistaking. I used it on one of my customers chrome rims on his mustang and after a month he said they still shined like after I first polished them with just a simple rinse.

#7 ·
Staring at it now at Walmart.
dunno if I'd wanna pay the 14.97. I dont have chrome rims..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.