2009 Scape factory stereo help please

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

2009 Scape factory stereo help please

Postby MTNEscaped - November 25th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Guys,
So my factory single disc CD player ate my CD the other day and won't spit it back out no matter how bad I want it to...
Can someone please tell me how the trim panel comes off to start with, (would love to get the CD back LOL). And how bout recommendations on something economical to replace the single disc player with?
TIA! :thumb:
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4WD
Plain Jane with K & N filter / Optima yellow top battery / Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt / Sensen front struts
30+ years of ford parts that do me no good at all on MTNEscaped !
MTNEscaped

E-C LEVEL 3
My nickname: Mtnman
My vehicle: 2008 XLT Escape 4WD
My vehicle's name: MTNEscaped

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2009 Scape factory stereo help please

Postby underthetire - November 25th, 2016, 11:44 pm

Screws are hidden, need to unclip the lower panel with USB etc, pulls straight back, just clips. Same with upper trim panel around the display. Once those are out, you can get to the screws. As far as cd players , idk, gave up on those years ago. I will say if you have sync and steering wheel controls, and want to keep them, it starts adding up quick.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk
underthetire

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2009 xlt sun and sync 2.5
My vehicle's name: Money saver

Postby Javafox - November 26th, 2016, 4:48 pm

Before you go taking everything apart, try pulling the fuse for the stereo and plugging it back in. I don't remember the number off the top of my head, but it's easy to find in the manual. That might be enough to reset it and have it working as it should. My moonroof was acting weird the other day, so I unplugged/replugged its fuse and that was enough to fix it.
Javafox

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT (Gold)

Postby MTNEscaped - November 28th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Thanks for the replies guys!
No sync controls so I'm kinda stuck with plugging in the phone for my music sighs...
I'll try the fuse tomorrow and see if I can get the panel off without destroying it. I did find quite a few used six disc CD players within my budget that might be my choice if this one is shot?
What other options do I have if there are no sync controls?
TIA. :thumb:
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4WD
Plain Jane with K & N filter / Optima yellow top battery / Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt / Sensen front struts
MTNEscaped

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby MTNEscaped - November 30th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Bump back tp the top as I still need some help please...

Currently have a single disc CD player with the MP3 plug.
Would a six disc CD player from the same year be a plug and play or would I anticipate wiring or coding issues? :?
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4WD
MTNEscaped

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby Squirrel - December 1st, 2016, 1:59 pm

MTNEscaped wrote:Bump back tp the top as I still need some help please...

Currently have a single disc CD player with the MP3 plug.
Would a six disc CD player from the same year be a plug and play or would I anticipate wiring or coding issues? :?

I would certainly presume it would be plug 'n play. However, I suggest you modifying the stereo to something ALOT better, something you don't need the jack for but has Blu-tooth as well.

I suggest you look at this:

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-BV9384NV-Do ... B01686P28O

as I have one in my 2004 escape, one in the wifes 2007 car, and the son just got one last week for his 2011 truck and I am getting one for the daughters '06 for Christmas. These are great units. But, if nothing else, at least begin to familiarize yourself with the options available to you over factory. BTW...I replaced the wifes factory 6 disc changer because the changer, as I've come to discover, has a major flaw with the loading mechanism. Chances are if you buy another, the same thing will happen again.

Hope this helps. :thumb:
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield | Boss Audio BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Postby MTNEscaped - December 1st, 2016, 8:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up and wow! That really does put bluetooth within my budget, (I woulda' thought they were more expensive)!
How hard to wire it into the OEM vehicle harness, (retired HVAC tech)? How to know what the color codes to wire into, (our Escape harness)?
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4WD
MTNEscaped

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby Squirrel - December 1st, 2016, 8:47 pm

MTNEscaped wrote:Thanks for the heads up and wow! That really does put bluetooth within my budget, (I woulda' thought they were more expensive)!
How hard to wire it into the OEM vehicle harness, (retired HVAC tech)? How to know what the color codes to wire into, (our Escape harness)?

Dash Kit selection:
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... a+dash+kit
Wire Harness selection:
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... ng+harness

All instructions come with the harness. I hope this helps. And, as an aside, my son just messaged me about his stereo. I asked how he likes it and he responded, and I quote, ""It kicks a**!" :yahoo:
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield | Boss Audio BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Postby zibercat - December 13th, 2016, 7:40 pm

Check with crutchfield.com I got my HU from them, got the wire harness or the dash kit for free I don't remember. I got also got a set of printed instructions or step by step on how to remove/install the HU, you will also need the antenna adapter. Give them a try, they also ship really fast.
2008 Escape V6 4WD XLT
Kenwood DDX719 with Wireless Backup Camera
KYB shocks and struts
zibercat

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My nickname: Zibercat
My vehicle: 08 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Elvis

Postby Sevencycle - April 10th, 2017, 4:11 am

I installed a Pioneer 702 bluetooth unitin my 02trib. It was very inexpensive unit, sounds nice great feature and fits in the factory hole w no mods required. I added some rockford punch 6x8's and they sound great w no need for an amp. The bt phone works great !!
G. Ripley
Sevencycle

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: '02 Tribute ES 4x4

Return to Audio/Video Mods