Amp remote on wire

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

Amp remote on wire

Postby backroad101 - November 4th, 2016, 10:49 pm

What have people used as the remote on for an amp. I am adding an amp to the stock head unit. I have been searching online for what people have used to tap into and I cant really find an answer. Only thing I have found is someone using the fuel pump wiring or running a hot wire and using an inline switch, neither of which i don't want to do. This seems like it should be an easy thing by my search is not finding any answers.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Amp remote on wire

Postby ac316scu - November 7th, 2016, 10:16 am

I think I got mine in the driver's door sill. I'll look tonight and take a picture
MECP Advanced Certified
NYS Motor Vehicle Inspector
ac316scu

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 03 Mustang & 11 Escape

Postby AmericanPride - November 9th, 2016, 12:12 pm

backroad101 wrote:What have people used as the remote on for an amp. I am adding an amp to the stock head unit. I have been searching online for what people have used to tap into and I cant really find an answer. Only thing I have found is someone using the fuel pump wiring or running a hot wire and using an inline switch, neither of which i don't want to do. This seems like it should be an easy thing by my search is not finding any answers.

They messed with the fuel pump wiring? :oops:

All you need is an accessory wire. "Switched power". No biggie, you can use multiple sources throughout the rig, obviously making sure to fuse protect what you're using.

You could even use the cigarette plug wire
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby gtp23 - November 11th, 2016, 1:03 pm

2nd this post please someone any advice. The cigarette lighters on my 09 model is on all the time even with key off. I went through the fuse box in center console trying to find something to tap and ran into same issue. Power on constant through everything I tried in there. HELP!!!
gtp23

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby AmericanPride - November 11th, 2016, 1:23 pm

gtp23 wrote:2nd this post please someone any advice. The cigarette lighters on my 09 model is on all the time even with key off. I went through the fuse box in center console trying to find something to tap and ran into same issue. Power on constant through everything I tried in there. HELP!!!

Just grab the ACC on the deck. Done

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby gtp23 - November 11th, 2016, 1:52 pm

there is no acc on the deck it's all computer controlled from somewhere else.
gtp23

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby backroad101 - November 11th, 2016, 4:06 pm

gtp23 wrote:there is no acc on the deck it's all computer controlled from somewhere else.

So what have you 2nd gen's used as the ACC for an amp. Yeah I can go out with a meter but there has to be someone that has done this? I don't want to tap into the fuel pump as an option

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby gtp23 - November 11th, 2016, 4:34 pm

backroad101 wrote:
gtp23 wrote:there is no acc on the deck it's all computer controlled from somewhere else.

So what have you 2nd gen's used as the ACC for an amp. Yeah I can go out with a meter but there has to be someone that has done this? I don't want to tap into the fuel pump as an option

That's what I'm trying to figure out as well backroad I've tried almost everything in that center console fusebox from cig lighters to power windows. they all had constant power so the actual switching on and off has to be happening somewhere else. The only other thing I've read online is a wire coming off the actual ignition which would grant accessory power but i'm not gunna go into my steering column to splice an ignition wire either this is ridiculous!!. Think this new sync stuff has made it way harder than it needs to be.
gtp23

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby AmericanPride - November 11th, 2016, 8:59 pm

ACC from the ignition
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby AmericanPride - November 11th, 2016, 11:09 pm

A quality LOC will have a signal sense remote turn on BTW
AmericanPride