New 2-din HU with wireless Camera, DAB+, TPMS.

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

New 2-din HU with wireless Camera, DAB+, TPMS.

Postby niels_dart - December 28th, 2015, 9:21 am

Good afternoon all.

I bought a new double DIN radio: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quad-Core-1024-600-7INCH-16GB-Android-4-4-4-NO-Car-DVD-player-GPS/32462954221.html

Quad core Android 4.4.4 1G Ram and 16G rom.
I've already a new firmware form xdadevelopers to get it more in tune with the standard iceblue color of the buttons and to get some more options working.

rearview camera: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/272084966030?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

wireless and direct-fit for one of the license plate lights!

I ordered a TPMS system with 4 external sensors, easy fitment and swapping in summer and winter.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Steelmate-Tyre-Pressure-Monitoring-SystemTP-05E-1-DIY-TPMS-for-In-dash-A-V-Monitor-External/32310237889.html
It works through the rear camera input, if there is a puncture the input will be activated by the wire originally used to activate the rear view camera!

Today I ordered an option in Germany;
http://www.autopumpkin.de/auto-accessories/pumpkin-external-dab-dab-digital-radio-box-with-touch-control-for-android-car-stereo.html?___SID=U
A DAB+ receiver, very handy in Holland and France, superior sound compared to good old FM.

Also, I ordered a Metra 99-5814HG Dash kit and a PAC RP4-FD11 interface to get the radio to work together with the Escape. :D
as soon as all the goodies are here I will post some pictures and I will show the progress when installing all of this.
last cars: 1986 pontiac fiero,1977 Cadillac fleetwood brougham,1978 pontiac firebird ,1975 Cadillac sedan, 1982 ford bronco, 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee, 1976 dodge W200 ex-army, 1977 Dodge W200

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
niels_dart

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape limited 3.0
My vehicle's name: the little beast II

Re: New 2-din HU with wireless Camera, DAB+, TPMS.

Postby DRFTBLD - December 30th, 2015, 3:55 pm

Im going to be watching this thread for more info!! :)
DRFTBLD

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Squirrel - December 31st, 2015, 11:42 am

Nice! I just installed the stereo in my signature and LOVE it! Like it so much in fact, I just bought a second for my wifes '07 Freestyle Limited...Let us know what the GPS uses for maps. The Boss uses TomTom maps and is (what I consider) VERY fast to boot (less than 20 seconds-guessing) and to pull up any of the features. BT within seconds, the SD media card within 1 second, etc...

The backup camera is great! I got a different kind, but still, I love it! Is your with guide lines built-in? Makes alot easier to judge distance.

I am interested in the TPMS...You say it uses the backup camera wiring? Why not one of the AV inputs? Doesn't that mess with your backup camera coming on when in reverse? :?
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield | Boss Audio BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Postby niels_dart - January 2nd, 2016, 8:10 pm

This radio comes with free maps for IGO, but I use Sygic myself, since I have a subscription for this program and I love it!
I use this on my phone too.
The TPMS uses a module to control in- and output. if there is a tyre with a problem the TPMS screen comes up, showing the problem( that's what the reverse signal wire is used for, as a trigger). When in reverse the input for from the camera goes through the module and won't be hijacked by the TPMS. Also, you can see the TPMS screen by pushing a remote button, supplied bij the manufacturer. using one of the AV inputs won't give you the benefit of automatically showing the problem, it couldn't change to that input.
The back-up camera has the guide lines built-in, don't they all?
last cars: 1986 pontiac fiero,1977 Cadillac fleetwood brougham,1978 pontiac firebird ,1975 Cadillac sedan, 1982 ford bronco, 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee, 1976 dodge W200 ex-army, 1977 Dodge W200

niels_dart

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby Squirrel - January 2nd, 2016, 10:35 pm

Interesting. Thankyou for the clarification. :beer:

Nope. Not all cameras have the lines...as an example, mine comes with or without. Some people use these for front cameras as well. I guess psychologically it is more difficult forwards than backwards with the lines. :shrug:

I am seriously considering adding a TPMS now...Damn this site for telling me all the cool toys and costing me money!!! But hey, it is all for the work truck and are all safety related. My insurance company should be very pleased to hear the great lengths I am taking to keep from having to file a claim...I hope. :yes:
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield | Boss Audio BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby niels_dart - February 21st, 2016, 10:20 am

Finally!!

All I have to do is getting the SWC to work ( I'll have to wire the radio in a part of wiring in front of the radio module), I'll do that next week.
All other things work very wel!

Cables and wiring everything in:

Getting two usb ports in the front, I took the 3.5 mm jack out:

Fitting the radio in the bezel, I had to customise the insert:

For you Squirrel :D TPMS:

Dashcommand OBD2 gets all the data out of your car, very handy:

Starting screen Android:

Radio customised to Ford colors:

Sygic GPS Navigation:

Dab+:

At night with the standard Radio colors:

Wireless rear view camera:

It was a hell of a job to get it all to work together!!
I had to solder in a diode to get het TPMS to work right, because of the wireless receiver that gives a false override signal to the TPMS module when activating the TPMS. The Android is lightning fast and highly customisable, I have all ready flashed the 3rd Firmware to keep up with the work they do at XDAdevelopers.com.

niels_dart

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby TexasGator - February 21st, 2016, 7:40 pm

Wow, I'm stunned! Sure does look like a lot of work but you got some pretty awesome features out of it. Should get a lot of utility for many years to come. Nice work.

Mods

K&N Air Filter | EBC Green Stuff Pads | EBC Vented Rotors | CarField Strut Tower Brace | 245/75R16 BF Goodrich T/A KO2's | Limited Roof Rack | Limited Rear Lift-Gate Trim | Limited Fog Lights |JBL MS-62C 6.5" Component Speakers | Polk DB521 Rear Speakers | 2 Dayton Audio NS270-44 10" Neodymium Low-Profile DVC Subwoofers | Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier | Pioneer GM-D8604 Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier | XS Power D1200 AGM Battery | Scosche EFX Battery Terminals | Husky WeatherBeater Floor Mats | Black Gorilla Lug Nuts | Drake Off Road Billet Antenna | Black Billet Fender Washer Kit | Custom 2.5L Engine Cover | Gunmetal Billet Oil Cap | Super Bright LED's 194 LED Bulb w/ Focusing Lens Reverse Lights | ProBolt Black Engine Bay Nuts | Yakima Front Loader Bike Rack | Custom Black Plasti-Dip Accents | Custom Black Painted Rotors, Calipers and Drums | Custom Black Painted Engine Covers and Oil Dip Stick | Gator Badge
TexasGator

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My nickname: Gator
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLS

Postby niels_dart - February 22nd, 2016, 12:35 pm

Thanks! :)
I still have to put on the double exhaust, but that's another project. :)P

niels_dart

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby Squirrel - February 22nd, 2016, 7:48 pm

Dashcommand OBD2 - where did you get it? And you just wired it into the AV input?

For you Squirrel :D TPMS: Thanks! :beer: I like it! Did you wire it into the backup camera lead?

Great job! You should enjoy it for a long time... :yes:
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby niels_dart - February 23rd, 2016, 11:53 am

The TPMS is wired in the the backup camera lead and uses this to activate the camera-in.

Dashcommand is an Android app and uses a WIFI or bluetooth obd dongle to get the data.
It works very well! :D

niels_dart

E-C LEVEL 2

Next

Return to Audio/Video Mods