Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Popping noise from rear right speaker after car wash

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  John phillips 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 limited EC and I went through a car wash today and just out of no where 10 minutes after getting a car wash the rear right speaker was giving a very loud popping noise and then a A loud pitch and then a loud buzzing noise. It stays on for while and didn't go off I tried turning off the car and the sound was still there but fading away. I turn off the radio by removing the security insert as I have a avic x930bt and the sound faded away but was still there. Eventually it was just a low buzzing noise and then it turned off. This speaker is in the trunk it's not the one that is in the back right door, so not sure if because water is getting in there or the speaker is blown If so is it under warranty even though I got an after market HU. What can I do to test the speaker. I should
Mentioned I installed a backup camera and ran the wire on the side of the tube that goes from the top of the trunk to inside of the vechile I made sure I put silicon around the plug
So water can't get in, this was done almost 2 months ago. Any help will will
Be much appreciated. Can it be the amp as its near the back right speaker?

#4 ·
Hey guys I know this is an old post but I can't seem to find the help I need any where else. I have been looking all over the Internet for the past week and all I have found is reference to speaker/amp pop or alternator whining. So kindly forgive me or point me in the right direction of where I need to pot this question.

Here goes..... Everytime I would turn off my engine meaning that I would shutdown and take the key out I get this extremely loud noise only from the speaker that's connected to the amp, the one that's mounted all the way on the back panel. It's an extremly loud squeal... what I believe is happening is head unit is not turning off the amp correctly and there's some electrical interference happening somewhere. The only thing that would get rid of it is for me to remove the 10 audio fuse in the junction box, today I found out something else that turns it off. When I shutdown and take out the key I press the menu button just once to show the clock and when that goes off it also shuts off that loud noise coming from the amp.

I hope this makes sense to someone out there, please any insight or direction would be greatly greatly appreciated. Oh! Everything is stock, nothing aftermarket installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.