HELP!! Aftermarket radio will not shut off 2008 escape

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

HELP!! Aftermarket radio will not shut off 2008 escape

Postby The5schlueters - April 18th, 2017, 5:48 pm

I just installed a jvc v30bt in my 2008 escape. It does not have factory nav, sub or anything just basic radio. I used a Scosche FD5000 harness. Everything works great EXCEPT the radio will not shut off. In the instructions for the harness it says that you may have to swap yellow and red (constant and switched power) I have not tried that yet. There is a little box with this harness that has 2 leds on it. both are lite when the radio is receiving full power and only one is lite when the switched power is off. If I unplug this bog and plug it back in with the key off (when the radio should be off) the radio stays off till you turn key on (like it should) but it dont shut off when you shut key off and open door. The factory radio shut off fine when I pulled it..... ITS :censor: me off!!!!

Sorry for the long explanation but trying to be as informative as I can.

PLEASE HELP I HAVE IT TORN APART AND WANT IT BACK TOGETHER!!!
The5schlueters

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: HELP!! Aftermarket radio will not shut off 2008 escape

Postby Squirrel - April 19th, 2017, 10:40 am

When you wired up your harness, you crossed the constant power wire with the switched power wire. Switch them (Red & Yellow most likely) and you should be good to go. :thumb:
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield |BOSS BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Return to Audio/Video Mods