Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2005 FEH #2 Fuse blowing

449 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  central4motion 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

2005 FEH 4x4. Searched the internet for a few days and this website for the past few hours and can't seem to find a topic on the issue I have. I'm getting the stop safely now warning and the car will shut off. Once in awhile I would get a high motor temp warning which would give me time to pull over. I have brought my FEH in and was told it was the MECS pump and they replaced fuse #2 in the Battery Junction Box which reads climate control under the lid. I replaced the pump myself after finding out how easy it was. Checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it. Figured they forgot to replace it. Had no issues for about 4 months. Now the problem has reared its ugly head again. I have been replacing the 10A fuse when I go on trips over an hour so I don't have to pull over and replace the fuse to get my pump to work. Now it seems like the fuse is blowing randomly. I was told by the garage that there was something else on the circuit regarding the #2 fuse. Can't find a damn wiring diagram with this info anywhere either. So after this long story I finally present the questions.

1. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this circuit?
2. What else uses this fuse besides the MECS pump?
3. Why is the #2 fuse description read climate control?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.