Common problems

Got a problem? Want to find the solution? Check here!

Re: Common problems

Postby coldbear - August 11th, 2013, 7:42 am

2013 2.0 vibrations at idle. Sitting in traffic with unit in gear, I have vibration. When returned to neutral, engine smooth's out. This small vibe. drives me insane! Has anyone had this problem with their 2013 2.0?
coldbear

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby FordService - August 12th, 2013, 6:11 pm

coldbear wrote:2013 2.0 vibrations at idle. Sitting in traffic with unit in gear, I have vibration. When returned to neutral, engine smooth's out. This small vibe. drives me insane! Has anyone had this problem with their 2013 2.0?

Hi coldbear,

Have you talked to your dealer about this concern? I'd like to see how I can assist. Shoot me a private message with your VIN, mileage, dealer name/location, your best daytime phone number, and your full name.

Meagan
FordService
Yes, a real, verified Ford Customer Service Representative

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby Timarpie - September 6th, 2013, 8:19 pm

I have a 2001 Ford Escape. I have a couple problems...1st I have a loud rattling in the front of my escape, sounds like it's coming from underneath the left side. I think it may be my struts or ball joints from other posts I've read. 2nd when it's cold my car likes to shake and not go fast. 3rd my sunroof stopped working like two years ago, think it might be the switch there's no noise or anything seeming like it's trying to work. Finally, and the most annoying, my roof leaks! Every time it rains the inside of my car gets wet! It comes through the top and all gathers at the center of my liner which is sagging. And it drips right on me on the front seat on the driver side. On the left side front side of my visor water just drips right on me! Any one know any solutions to these problems?!?!
Timarpie

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Tomt - September 6th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Yep, mine does it too. Dealer says "it is normal..." It may just be a 4 cylinder thing, though... Interestingly, it has gotten worse as the mileage has increased...

coldbear wrote:2013 2.0 vibrations at idle. Sitting in traffic with unit in gear, I have vibration. When returned to neutral, engine smooth's out. This small vibe. drives me insane! Has anyone had this problem with their 2013 2.0?
2013 Escape 2.0L FWD Ruby Red Titanium w/ every option except panorama roof; delivered 8/4/12; 27K miles.
2017 Volt Premier delivered 3/5/2016; 14,000 miles. Replaced a 2011 Leaf SL-e.
Tesla model 3 reserved.
Tomt

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!

Postby FordService - September 10th, 2013, 12:27 pm

Tomt wrote:Yep, mine does it too. Dealer says "it is normal..." It may just be a 4 cylinder thing, though... Interestingly, it has gotten worse as the mileage has increased...

Hi Tomt,

I'd like to look into this a bit more. Shoot me a private message with your VIN, mileage, dealer name/location, your best daytime phone number, and your full name.

Meagan
FordService
Yes, a real, verified Ford Customer Service Representative

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby KL_Chris86 - April 22nd, 2014, 9:31 am

I got a 2006 that leaks through like that too. although liner not sagging it is annoying if I clean the car or if it rains heavily

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
KL_Chris86

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Chris
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape V6 XLT
My vehicle's name: Bertha

Postby Escaped16 - June 11th, 2014, 9:22 am

I have a 09' XLT V6 I'm having an issue with the vanity mirror lights. I had no idea until the girlfriend got in and complained that they didn't work. Is there a fuse for them that might be blown as it doesn't say anything in the owner's manual about the lights. The other interior lights work fine no problems.
Escaped16

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby 123-Shawn - September 7th, 2014, 1:50 pm

PollKat wrote:Great Job! Let's not forget the DPFE sensor. Wonder how many bought a EGR valve. Just to find out, that wasn't the problem....

We just did the DPFE sensor, as that is the more common culprit to the P0401 code ... that didn't do it ... pulled the egr and checked operation by applying vacuum ... the little piston/valve moved, but was slightly dirty ... cleaned with throttle body cleaner and q-tip, still no joy ... then realized that the 6" long vacuum line going to the egr was pretty crumbly ... replaced that hose, and it is all fine now!

Sometimes it is the simple things we overlook!
123-Shawn

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My vehicle: 2002 Tribute ES V6 4X4

Re: Random High Pitched 3-tone Beeping from Dashboard

Postby RobtRoma - September 18th, 2014, 10:24 am

Kathy wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so I apologize if I'm posting my question in the wrong spot. I could not figure out how to get back to the Q & A section of this website.

Hi Cathy...

First... Welcome to E-C!

Second... I'm going to move your question to a more appropriate location on the board under the Problems and Solutions section where it will get more views. I'll post a link here when I'm done.

*** EDIT ***
Here is the link to the new post:

Random High Pitched 3-tone Beeping from Dashboard

Good luck getting it fixed :peace:
ImageImage
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment...

ImageImageImage
RobtRoma
Super Moderator and E-C's 100,000th AND 200,000th Poster

E-C LEVEL 20
My nickname: Rob
My vehicle: 2002 XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: The Mean Green Machine

Postby dnuggetz - May 18th, 2015, 6:19 pm

RyanRage wrote:
Rear Hatch actuator.. The hatch won't lock or unlock from the remote or power locks inside the vehicle. If It's locked, you have to peel off the top of the trim pannel and unlock it manualy. You can either order the assembaly from ford.. Or you can order an aftermatket actuator online.

I did not read through the entire thread but my 'quick fix' for this was to carefully take apart the lock actuator by prying on the seam of the housing for the mechanism and gaining access to the motor. Take the plastic end of the motor off to access the thermal resistor(little black square) and bypassing it with aluminum. Regrease and reassemble. This is the same fix used on Ford Mustang door lock actuators.

Hope it helps!
dnuggetz

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

PreviousNext

Return to Problems And Solutions