New Escape Owner

Got a problem? Want to find the solution? Check here!

New Escape Owner

Postby Kate Cassidy - January 8th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Hello-

I just bought a new used 2008 Escape XLT with 72K miles. It didn't come with a manual and I have a few questions and issues I hope you can help me with. First, on the display center it doesn't give the outside temp or the direction you are going. Living in Vermont I would like to know when it is -10 in the morning on my way to work. Is that not standard in this model. The other issue is that the drivers side washer dispenser is just dribbling out fluid, while the passenger side and rear is spraying correctly, like gangbusters. What could be the issue- I don't think it is the pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Kate
Kate Cassidy

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: New Escape Owner

Postby FRENCHY - January 8th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Love Vermont :thumb:

A warm welcome to you kate :peace: :welcome:
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758&start=30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby Bwk2000 - January 8th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Kate Cassidy wrote:Hello-

I just bought a new used 2008 Escape XLT with 72K miles. It didn't come with a manual and I have a few questions and issues I hope you can help me with. First, on the display center it doesn't give the outside temp or the direction you are going. Living in Vermont I would like to know when it is -10 in the morning on my way to work. Is that not standard in this model. The other issue is that the drivers side washer dispenser is just dribbling out fluid, while the passenger side and rear is spraying correctly, like gangbusters. What could be the issue- I don't think it is the pump. Any help would be greatly appreciatedhttp://www.escape-city.com/p ... post&f=37#

Thanks

Kate

Welcome

1) Have a read of this thread, it addresses the temp/ compass issues in detail.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1931

2) Likely a plugged spray nozzle or supply line. May also be a kinked or partially disconnected supply line to the drivers side. Check all above and clear the lines and sprayer (compressed air works well)
2011 Ford Escape Limited 3.0L 4WD - Black on Black

There are only two secrets to success in life: #1 Don't tell people everything you know ...

Bwk2000

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2011 Escape Limited 3.0L 4WD
My vehicle's name: We're suppose to name it???

Postby RobtRoma - January 8th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Welcome!

You can download a PDF copy of your manual by following the link at the top of this thread:

Online owner's manuals
ImageImage
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment...

ImageImageImage
RobtRoma
Super Moderator and E-C's 100,000th AND 200,000th Poster

E-C LEVEL 20
My nickname: Rob
My vehicle: 2002 XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: The Mean Green Machine

Postby ISU01XCapeXLT - January 8th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Welcome Kate.
--------2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4----------------2010 Ford Edge Limited----------2012 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
ISU01XCapeXLT
First poster on E-C's SECOND new server

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Colleen - January 8th, 2013, 9:56 pm

:welcome: :happy: :welcome: :happy: :welcome:
Colleen
Super-Friendly Moderator

E-C LEVEL 21
My vehicle: 2009 Mariner Hybrid

Postby FordService - January 9th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Kate Cassidy wrote:Hello-

I just bought a new used 2008 Escape XLT with 72K miles. It didn't come with a manual and I have a few questions and issues I hope you can help me with. First, on the display center it doesn't give the outside temp or the direction you are going. Living in Vermont I would like to know when it is -10 in the morning on my way to work. Is that not standard in this model. The other issue is that the drivers side washer dispenser is just dribbling out fluid, while the passenger side and rear is spraying correctly, like gangbusters. What could be the issue- I don't think it is the pump. Any help would be greatly appreciatedhttp://www.escape-city.com/p ... post&f=37#

Thanks

Kate

Hi Kate!

You should spend some time checking out all of the goodies available at http://owner.ford.com. In addition to being able to download free copies of important vehicle documents (like your Owner's Manual), you can also schedule service appointments and get valuable coupons.

Your dealership is a great first stop when it comes to any vehicle concerns. If you don't want to make a special trip, you could always combine this concern with an upcoming oil change visit.

Have fun in your Escape!

Crystal
FordService
Yes, a real, verified Ford Customer Service Representative

E-C LEVEL 6

Return to Problems And Solutions