Vehicle Lifting Points

Got a problem? Want to find the solution? Check here!

Re: Vehicle Lifting Points

Postby 2escapefmt - August 27th, 2013, 4:33 pm

was98strat wrote:you can also get some additional lifting (and scuff prevention) but using a hockey puck between the lifting head and your lifting point!

whew- I grew up ice skating and hockey sticks and pucks were all around
to put one on a jack as to help in lifting a vehicle
my father would turn over in his grave with laughter
2escapefmt
Banned User

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby ALRUI - August 28th, 2013, 1:14 am

2escapefmt wrote:have any of you really looked at the underside of your Escape-
have you thought about what you see as to what you want your jack under
2,000lb jack- would mean it could exert 2,000lbs on your flimsy unibody and possibly crush the area of contact

I always add wood between the jack & the----------- not frame as we old timers know these vehicles are way fragile

Yeah looking would be advisable:-) I ALWAYS have a piece of wood between the jack and lifting point on any vehicle, at one point Eastwood or someone had some nice rubber topped saddles for floor jacks but I havent seen them anywhere lately and that really seems the way to go.
ALRUI

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Escape94 - August 16th, 2014, 8:57 pm

Is there a spot on the front of the escape that you can lift if to get both wheels in the air?

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby ALRUI - August 16th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Escape94 wrote:Is there a spot on the front of the escape that you can lift if to get both wheels in the air?

Not without a two or 4 point lift. With a floor jack just lift one side at a time. No big deal.
ALRUI

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Escape94 - August 16th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Okay I guess that'll have to to. I was able to lift the rear by the the differential to get both wheels in the air but I guess one at a time will do.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby AmericanPride - August 16th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Escape94 wrote:Okay I guess that'll have to to. I was able to lift the rear by the the differential to get both wheels in the air but I guess one at a time will do.

Lift one, place stand

Lift other, place other stand

Both tires in the air
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby ALRUI - August 17th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Escape94 wrote:Okay I guess that'll have to to. I was able to lift the rear by the the differential to get both wheels in the air but I guess one at a time will do.

Id lift it the same on the rear, one side at a time as that diff isnt really a good lifting point but whats done is done:-)

Arnold In The Smokies
ALRUI

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby alex2293 - April 13th, 2015, 6:39 am

Is it possible to place jack stands under the unibody lifting points? The jacking points do not seem to handle the jack stands shape very well and it does not allow the control arms removal.
alex2293

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby ALRUI - April 13th, 2015, 12:00 pm

alex2293 wrote:Is it possible to place jack stands under the unibody lifting points? The jacking points do not seem to handle the jack stands shape very well and it does not allow the control arms removal.

You could but there is a spot on the front frame rails thats better - I have a diagram from Ford that I posted on my FTP but apparently its not accessible any more here - sure would be nice if the forum would allow image posts! Let me see if I can PM it to you otherwise I could e-mail it to you.
ALRUI

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby patsfan1704 - August 10th, 2015, 11:35 pm

is it possible to get a copy of this diagram? are the frame rails the same as the "unibody lifting points"?
patsfan1704

E-C LEVEL 3
Congratulations on reaching 250 posts!

PreviousNext

Return to Problems And Solutions