ABS/trac light Solved?? 2009 escape V6 4wd

Got a problem? Want to find the solution? Check here!

ABS/trac light Solved?? 2009 escape V6 4wd

Postby Joshmeng120908 - April 21st, 2017, 7:52 am

Hi! Im having problems with My 2009 ford escape V6 4wd, ABS and Traction control lights are on, its showing the code b1342 faulty abs module.

I did some tinkering and found out that the abs light did not come in as long as i didnt fully release the brake pedal on start up. From there i dug deepr, i could get ABS to work normally if i disconnected/cut the cruise control trigger wires (the ones located on the brake pedal switch) the switch has 4 wires coming off it, i cut the middle two. Brake lights and shift lock solenoid are working fine, but cruise control is out.

I Tested abs by braking hard on a gravel road and it seemed to work as it should with pulsations felt on the pedal.

Now, i want to know if it this is a permanent or just a "band-aid" type of fix, is it safe to drive it like this and if there is a way to have back cruise control as i do alot of highway driving?

I reconnected the cruise control wire after i tested ABS as im not sure if driving it like that would messing things up more.

Thanks!
Joshmeng120908

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: ABS/trac light Solved?? 2009 escape V6 4wd

Postby Joshmeng120908 - April 21st, 2017, 7:56 am

I forgot to mention, i bought the car used with 70k miles on it. Previous owner said the abs/trac light started to act up after they jump stared the truck.
Joshmeng120908

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Problems And Solutions