Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

A gaggle of Escapes

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MadMax 
#1 ·
I read in a thread here, somewhere, about noticing Escapes when at the mall or grocery store. Well I thought about it as I parked in the new Menards lot and I looked around me. And what did my wandering eyes see? Not 1, not 2, not even 3, but FOUR Escapes either in the same like I was or across the isle. Went to Wal-Mart...basically the same phenomenon. Escapes, Escapes, everywhere I look! These are a popular vehicle! Never noticed before I got mine. :drool:

#3 ·
Guess I have to skip this one, never seen an Escape before in the wild and never will again over here , even a Veyron is less exotic. :wave:

#5 ·
MadMax said:
Yes, that is why we have a long running thread "Escapes Attract Each Other" and post pictures of "gaggles" :yes:

Where are you that you have a Menard's?
SW Ohio

#7 ·
Never truly paid much attention to how many Mariners and Tribbys there are out there until I got my 05 M.
My buddy has an 03 Trib

#8 ·
I never paid much attention to EMTs when looking for a replacement for my beloved, but oh too thirsty Grand Cherokee. All the available compact SUVs at the time seemed so cramped and anemic. Then a good friend got a Tribute 3.0 4WD and kept bragging on it. One evening he convinced me to drive his around a bit. I had never driven a crossover before. I was immediately smitten. It was like driving a sports car compared to the Jeep with almost as much interior volume. The V6 was surprisingly competent and good on gas, compared to the V8 Jeep. I knew the 4X4 system wasn't as good, but since most of my off-roading was sand and mud the Tribute 4WD was more then adequate. All that plus it was about $10K less then the Jeep.

I was on a mission to find the perfect Tribute. It took a few months, because it had to have all the options my Jeep had and it had to be red. I always slowed down passing my local Mazda dealer to see if one had come in yet. Then one day, there it was, ...SCREECH! Pulled in and bought it on the spot :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.