A gaggle of Escapes

Run into another E/M/T worthy of a shoutout?
Forum rules
Found an Escape, Mariner, or Tribute worth mentioning?

Thread title should list: color, model, location

Additional required information in the post: estimated model year , time and date, the motivation behind seeking that car out.

You never know - they could already be on Escape City!

A gaggle of Escapes

Postby Squirrel - December 1st, 2015, 10:48 am

I read in a thread here, somewhere, about noticing Escapes when at the mall or grocery store. Well I thought about it as I parked in the new Menards lot and I looked around me. And what did my wandering eyes see? Not 1, not 2, not even 3, but FOUR Escapes either in the same like I was or across the isle. Went to Wal-Mart...basically the same phenomenon. Escapes, Escapes, everywhere I look! These are a popular vehicle! Never noticed before I got mine. :drool:
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield |BOSS BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: A gaggle of Escapes

Postby MadMax - December 1st, 2015, 11:05 am

Yes, that is why we have a long running thread "Escapes Attract Each Other" and post pictures of "gaggles" :yes:

Where are you that you have a Menard's?
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby niels_dart - December 1st, 2015, 3:44 pm

Guess I have to skip this one, never seen an Escape before in the wild and never will again over here , even a Veyron is less exotic. :wave:
Last edited by niels_dart on December 1st, 2015, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
last cars: 1986 pontiac fiero,1977 Cadillac fleetwood brougham,1978 pontiac firebird ,1975 Cadillac sedan, 1982 ford bronco, 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee, 1976 dodge W200 ex-army, 1977 Dodge W200

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
niels_dart

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape limited 3.0
My vehicle's name: the little beast II

Postby MadMax - December 1st, 2015, 4:26 pm

niels_dart wrote:Guess I have to skip this one, never seen an Escape before in the wild and never will be again over here , even a Veyron is less exotic. :wave:

:lol: There are no less then 7 on my street that's about 2 blocks long
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby Squirrel - December 1st, 2015, 6:04 pm

MadMax wrote:Yes, that is why we have a long running thread "Escapes Attract Each Other" and post pictures of "gaggles" :yes:

SW Ohio
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield |BOSS BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Postby MadMax - December 1st, 2015, 7:29 pm

Squirrel wrote:
MadMax wrote:Yes, that is why we have a long running thread "Escapes Attract Each Other" and post pictures of "gaggles" :yes:

SW Ohio

Wow, didn't know they went that far.

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby Midshift - December 1st, 2015, 8:19 pm

Never truly paid much attention to how many Mariners and Tribbys there are out there until I got my 05 M.
My buddy has an 03 Trib
"Mods":
6000k Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps/Fogs (Diode Dynamics LLC - STL Mo)
Complete Vehicle Std--to--LED Bulb swap (SuperBrightLEDs - Maryland Heights Mo)
K&N Air Filter
Body molded mudflaps
Custom MTX/Kenwood Audio system
Weathertech floormats
Midshift

E-C LEVEL 5
My nickname: Midshift
My vehicle: '05 Mariner Luxury 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Lil-4WD

Postby MadMax - December 2nd, 2015, 2:07 am

I never paid much attention to EMTs when looking for a replacement for my beloved, but oh too thirsty Grand Cherokee. All the available compact SUVs at the time seemed so cramped and anemic. Then a good friend got a Tribute 3.0 4WD and kept bragging on it. One evening he convinced me to drive his around a bit. I had never driven a crossover before. I was immediately smitten. It was like driving a sports car compared to the Jeep with almost as much interior volume. The V6 was surprisingly competent and good on gas, compared to the V8 Jeep. I knew the 4X4 system wasn't as good, but since most of my off-roading was sand and mud the Tribute 4WD was more then adequate. All that plus it was about $10K less then the Jeep.

I was on a mission to find the perfect Tribute. It took a few months, because it had to have all the options my Jeep had and it had to be red. I always slowed down passing my local Mazda dealer to see if one had come in yet. Then one day, there it was, ...SCREECH! Pulled in and bought it on the spot :)

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Return to Spotted!