Spotted! Escape Pick-up Truck

Run into another E/M/T worthy of a shoutout?
Forum rules
Found an Escape, Mariner, or Tribute worth mentioning?

Thread title should list: color, model, location

Additional required information in the post: estimated model year , time and date, the motivation behind seeking that car out.

You never know - they could already be on Escape City!

Re: Spotted! Escape Pick-up Truck

Postby Heywood_F - August 18th, 2014, 9:20 pm

A quick trip over to the DG Motorsports website shows this to be called an "Open Air Escape".
http://www.dgmotorsports.com/showcars.php
It's the 12th photo in, and there are about 9 pictures.

"The DGM Open Air Escape has been designed and built for the young-at-heart outdoor enthusiast. A removable hard top, functional tailgate and a wide open sunroof complete the open air package. Live the adventure - don't just go places, experience them."

Enjoy!
Heywood_F

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2008 Escape V6 Limited AWD

Postby MadMax - August 19th, 2014, 9:39 am

.... and now we have the rest of the story, thanks
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Postby astro - August 20th, 2014, 10:46 pm

I thought I had seen one, but I think it was the Explorer in this configuration, which of course has been in Ford's product line for a few years.
astro

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby Ianmark - September 11th, 2014, 9:41 am

MadMax wrote:The only info I could find was it was done by DG Motorsports for SEMA 2004.

Right, DG Motorsports. It's like an old Bronco as the back part is a lift off hard top.

Here is what they say about it.
DG Motrosports wrote:The DGM Open Air Escape has been designed and built for the young-at-heart outdoor enthusiast. A removable
hard top, functional tailgate and a wide open sunroof complete the open air package. Live the adventure - don't
just go places, experience them.

Take a look here for more pics.
http://www.dgmotorsports.com/showcars.php?showcars=1

Ian
Ianmark

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2005 Escape Limited 4X4

Postby JRDubya - May 16th, 2016, 5:51 pm

astro wrote:I thought I had seen one, but I think it was the Explorer in this configuration, which of course has been in Ford's product line for a few years.

Yeah, that is the Explorer Sport Trac. Here we have the Escape Sport Trac.
John
2012 Ford Escape XLT 2wd V6
JRDubya

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT 2wd V6

Postby Charles - May 16th, 2016, 6:15 pm

JRDubya wrote:
astro wrote:I thought I had seen one, but I think it was the Explorer in this configuration, which of course has been in Ford's product line for a few years.

Yep!!! :yes:
Image Image

Present vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row)
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2016 Escape Titanium FWD 2.0L
My vehicle's name: Shadow

Postby nickmescape - May 17th, 2016, 1:28 pm

ever since i had my first escape i saw this and was interested... maybe i have to find a junker escape and chop it up :D i would cut a bit more off though idk with no top in Nj in the winter the heat better work flawlessly :hyst:
2003 Escape XLT 4X4 No Boundaries
Mods:
AVS BugflectorII, stubby antenna, Pioneer DEH-X6500BT head unit, Smoked taillights,L.E.D. flood lights and mount, Robs taillight trim,AVS window shields, 1 inch wheel spacers, custom grill, painted interior trim, Westin bull bar, 14" light bar in the grill, basket mounted shovel,fire extinguisher
Upcoming Mods:Cragar Soft 8 wheels
nickmescape

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Nick
My vehicle: 2003 XLT 4x4 No Boundaries
My vehicle's name: The E

Postby SSE - May 19th, 2016, 7:25 pm

JRDubya wrote:

I actually still really like the Explorer Sport Trac and I believe they haven't been made since 2005? Anyway, I on the other hand don't like the Escape pick up. It just looks unfinished, like a chop job and personally to me, a bad one. :(
SSE

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2016 Escape Titanium, FWD

Postby JRDubya - May 20th, 2016, 5:38 pm

SSE wrote:
JRDubya wrote:

I actually still really like the Explorer Sport Trac and I believe they haven't been made since 2005? Anyway, I on the other hand don't like the Escape pick up. It just looks unfinished, like a chop job and personally to me, a bad one. :(

I almost bought a 2008 until I test drove my Escape. They stopped production in 2010 I believe. It has about a 4ft bed which is pretty small but I would have been fine with it. The bed on this Escape would have no value at all IMO.
John
2012 Ford Escape XLT 2wd V6
JRDubya

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT 2wd V6

Postby nickmescape - May 22nd, 2016, 10:33 am

JRDubya wrote:The bed on this Escape would have no value at all IMO.

Your right no point but it is cool and makes a statement... what statement? idk :lol:
2003 Escape XLT 4X4 No Boundaries
Mods:
AVS BugflectorII, stubby antenna, Pioneer DEH-X6500BT head unit, Smoked taillights,L.E.D. flood lights and mount, Robs taillight trim,AVS window shields, 1 inch wheel spacers, custom grill, painted interior trim, Westin bull bar, 14" light bar in the grill, basket mounted shovel,fire extinguisher
Upcoming Mods:Cragar Soft 8 wheels
nickmescape

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Nick
My vehicle: 2003 XLT 4x4 No Boundaries
My vehicle's name: The E

PreviousNext

Return to Spotted!