Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Stainless braided brake lines? (2005 Escape)

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Sevencycle 
#1 ·
Couldn't find anything via the Googles, unless I need to work on my Google-fu... But does anyone know if there's an aftermarket set of braided stainless brake lines available to fit a 2005 Escape? The pedal feel is a little soft. Haven't bled/replaced the brake fluid, which I will probably try soon. Along with new rubber lines if I can't find braided stainless.

Thanks,

Tim

#2 ·
SUV drivers usually don't do those kinds of mods. Rotor and pad upgrades are pretty easy to find though, and the Ford brake fluid is good for high temps. Maybe new stock brake lines would also tighten up the feel. Of course if you don't have a 4WD you probably have drums on the rear. which will be harder to work around for a tight feel.

#4 ·
I've seen this done. There may be a thread here on e-c about it. Use the search function. Otherwise if you have a shop nearby that does brake work or specializes in that they could probably help you out. It is possible though.

#6 ·
If someone has the fitting sizes we might be able to find a universal hose to custom fit our application.

#9 ·
Also, i have 4wd and drum brakes on rear. I dont think that defines what Ford or Mazda put on, its economics. The use of stainless lines has one main purpose. To prevent expansion of the hose during heavy braking. Most are teflon hose internalky which doesnt expand like black rubber, and the SS jacket.b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.