Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2001-2012 Escape/Tribute/Mariner BC Racing Coilovers

8K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  MdEscape 
#1 ·
Alright E-C, BC Racing is now making custom coilovers for the 2001-2012 Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner and Mazda Tribute. You will have to email or call them to order as they have not yet listed them on their website. The kit will run somewhere around the $1000 mark. PM Maxwellmmassengill for more info, or alternatively contact him on Instagram @modifiedescape, I'm excited to see more products being made for our vehicles. Hope to see people purchase these and install them. Here is his Instagram post:

Enjoy! :beer:

And to the skeptics: yes this is totally and 100% legit

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, they don't have this on their application list, no part numbers, don't know about the fit, and aren't so sure about a price. But somehow they're able to make parts for hundreds of other applications. :confused:
This is an interesting type of totally legit, or someone just wants people to make calls/emails to BC.

#3 ·
:bang:

I was expecting ting this. If you actually read my post I said it's NOT YET listed, hence the need to contact them directly (for now). But I know the person who helped get these developed and has a pair on his escape BTW, so I can say with full confidence that yes this is a legit post. No need to be a super skeptic.

#4 ·
Normally people who want to throw down $1,000+ for parts from a reputable company want to buy with confidence. They want to see pictures, part numbers, descriptions, contact persons, etc. Normally people would ask why a good company would want to hide a totally legit product from their customers.
The product could very well be real, but still a prototype or research and development project.

Best way to get rumors to go away is to put out facts straight from the company. This company is definitely legit and will probably clear this up once they find out who is doing this.

#5 ·
:horse:

Well you are right with that price point. The kit is expected to be ~$995 (fact). As I have gotten at twice already, the information on this kit is NOT YET up on the website because it is so new, hence the need to order directly. Companies will often propose group buys or only dispel a limited amount of info at the start to get the ball rolling and not become overloaded with a backlog of orders (another fact). Neither the Instagram post nor myself are spreading rumors. (If it was a rumor Snopes would have busted it already :lol: ). Seeing as I cant convince you of verbally, perhaps this picture will help you out as I can verify this escape is on coilovers from BC :) I'll also have the owner comment here since he is a member here. Please don't try to knock down new ideas because you have not heard of them. :cigar:

Enjoy! :shades:

#6 ·
Allow me to vet again verify the fact that this is in fact real. Below are several pics of the coilovers for the escape/ mariner/ tribute. The kit number is N-28 and the price will be around $995 for the full kit. There are two configurations: standard, and extreme low, with custom spring rates and valving available on both configurations. Yes, this is NOT YET on their application list but they do in fact make these.

If anyone has any further questions feel free to post, but otherwise this "rumor" is officially ... :bust:

It's nice to see a mainstream company having developed these for the vehicles that we drive :thumb:

#7 ·
#8 ·
Escape94 said:
Here is the link to the listing on BC's website. Hopefully we can all sleep soundly now that we know this is legit:

https://bcracingcoilovers.com/products/05-12-ford-escape-awd-bc-racing-coilovers-br-type

:beer:
They are indeed a real part number. That N-28 part number is actually the Mazda part number. The Escape part number is E-15-BR that is the ford versions part number. These are built to order and a relatively new part number. All orders would be shipped from the factory and take 2-4 weeks at this time. That may change as BC North America sees an increase in order frequency.

I own the site linked above , We are not actually BC Racing North America just to clear that up. We are actually a independant dealer. We just happened to have been selling BC Racing for years and bought the domain name years ago. We built the site a little over a year ago and dedicated it to selling their brand. We are now one of the largest BC racing dealers in the USA.

BC really has not published much data on these setups, we came across them because a curious owner asked us if we can get them. Now that we have them listed and they can be ordered through us we should see the volume start to come up on the sales, and once that happens BC North America will be more inclined to start stocking them.

I would be happy to help answer any questions you guys may have, the best way to reach me is to email me through the contact tab on our site, or the live chat feature.

Jon

#9 ·
Jon,

I sent a message to your company's Facebook page, but if I don't hear back in a few days I'll go ahead and email. I'm trying to find out what the range of adjustment is for a 2011 FWD as the stock height is too high for me and I have shoulder pain from pulling myself up and in. (Trading in for something else isn't an option for me right now, but lowering to a better height is something I can do, hopefully.)

#10 ·
Buran said:
Jon,

I sent a message to your company's Facebook page, but if I don't hear back in a few days I'll go ahead and email. I'm trying to find out what the range of adjustment is for a 2011 FWD as the stock height is too high for me and I have shoulder pain from pulling myself up and in. (Trading in for something else isn't an option for me right now, but lowering to a better height is something I can do, hopefully.)
Why not get smaller wheels/tires like the 15" that came on older Escapes? Would be a lot cheaper than a coilover suspension.

#11 ·
Linna said:
Buran said:
Jon,

Why not get smaller wheels/tires like the 15" that came on older Escapes? Would be a lot cheaper than a coilover suspension.
Because 15" wheels don't clear the brakes on 2nd gens. Unless it's an XLS then they might. And I use "might" lightly. Plus coilovers allow for more adjustablity than lowering springs.

#12 ·
Funny because I to am interested in getting the custom spring rate in these. They show 6k and 8k rear spring rate. I am trying to find out how they came up with that number. I spoke with multiple dealers as well as called the national Ford customer service number and no one can tell me the factory rate. I also called BC to ask them and they couldn't tell me the factory rate. I know there is a code in the vehicle that is MMEE which mean code M for front and E for rear. I just can't find a chart for the escape that shows the corresponding rates. I really want to order these but won't until I know the factory rates. Any help appreciated. Plus anyone got pics of these installed yet?

#13 ·
MdEscape said:
Funny because I to am interested in getting the custom spring rate in these. They show 6k and 8k rear spring rate. I am trying to find out how they came up with that number. I
It looks like you want this data to be able to compare the difference between stock and coilover setup. Most of the few people that buy these would do it for the drop and not for improving handling. If you want to preserve a good ride after the install, you could install adjustable struts like KONI to help compensate. Didn't see any discussion here about tuning the shocks/struts with coilovers for a good ride/handling tradeoff. Wonder if drivers installed these coilovers with OEM struts, which probably make for a rough ride.

#14 ·
Linna said:
you could install adjustable struts like KONI to help compensate. Didn't see any discussion here about tuning the shocks/struts with coilovers for a good ride/handling tradeoff. Wonder if drivers installed these coilovers with OEM struts, which probably make for a rough ride.
These are adjustable dampening which will help, I just often haul a small motorcycle trailer behind my Escape and since it was new it sagged with very little tounge weight on it. I want to put stiffer springs on the rear to help with the sag. I don't want to go over board either. So are these already higher rate or are they same as factory or are they softer?

#15 ·
Linna said:
MdEscape said:
Funny because I to am interested in getting the custom spring rate in these. They show 6k and 8k rear spring rate. I am trying to find out how they came up with that number. I
It looks like you want this data to be able to compare the difference between stock and coilover setup. Most of the few people that buy these would do it for the drop and not for improving handling. If you want to preserve a good ride after the install, you could install adjustable struts like KONI to help compensate. Didn't see any discussion here about tuning the shocks/struts with coilovers for a good ride/handling tradeoff. Wonder if drivers installed these coilovers with OEM struts, which probably make for a rough ride.
Coilovers are an adjustable shock which dictates ride hight over a dampener (shock/strut) hence the word coilovers. The coilover replaces the springs and the strut itself. So when you get these it replaces the springs, struts and shocks. The ride height and dampening are adjustable on these. People get coilovers to increase handling and to lower the vehicle if you want something lower than just say lowering springs. The ride height will be firm with a coilovers.

#16 ·
Tyleraxis88 said:
Coiovers are an adjustable shock which dictates ride hight over a dampener (shock/strut) hence the word coilovers. The coilover replaces the springs and the strut itself. So when you get these it replaces the springs, struts and shocks. The ride height and dampening are adjustable on these. People get coilovers to increase handling and to lower the vehicle if you want something lower than just say lowering springs. The ride height will be firm with a coilovers.
Correct, which is eactly why I want to know the spring rate. I can adjust ride height and dampening all I want but if I load my trailer and attach it and the spring rate is to low then it will sag no matter the height or dampening of the system. This is why I want to know the spring rate factory to compare with these. That way I can make sure they will still not sag.

Also watched a video on YouTube with the install of these. There was an issue with having to grind the bracket that holds the front strut to the hub. Wondering if this has been everyone's experience or was it just that particular install? Anyone here actually put these on yet?

#17 ·
Correct, which is eactly why I want to know the spring rate. I can adjust ride height and dampening all I want but if I load my trailer and attach it and the spring rate is to low then it will sag no matter the height or dampening of the system. This is why I want to know the spring rate factory to compare with these. That way I can make sure they will still not sag.
That's a good question for a chassis engineer, even if the coilover springs are 'stiff' enough to handle the tongue weight and additional load of towing, would the reduced suspension ride height/travel compromise handling under load?
In the old days many sedans and wagons towed heavy loads, but as you suggest they may have had different springs or 'helpers' installed.
Definitely someone knows the answers you look for, but it might be hard to get one because companies ordinarily don't want to share their engineering resources/knowledge with customers.

#19 ·
Placed my order today will see how long it takes to get here. Then find time to install them. I will post Somme pics and take some videos of the install. I am excited to say the least. One because of the coilovers and two because I finally will have a new suspension for the ride. Pretty much anything will be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.