8 pcs Front End kit

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Re: 8 pcs Front End kit

Postby Squirrel - December 15th, 2016, 8:58 pm

14theRoad wrote:
How do you manage to overtighten a Hub bolt?? Those are normally at 210-225 ft/lbs?! or are you talking about the hubs that have 3 bolts that hold it to the steering knuckle type of hub bolt or the single hub bolt that fastens the CV shaft to the hub bearing? The three bolt configurations can be overtorqued.

Over tightened the half shaft nut. :wall: Too loose or too tight will ruin a bearing faster than anything. It happens. What can I say. :beer:

:topic:
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield |BOSS BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Drjames - December 16th, 2016, 7:11 pm

Received the kit today. Everything seams to be in order. Lower control arms,stab links and tie rid ends. Everything looks rugged enough and alot better than what's on the truck now. However one of the ball joints on the control arm has a grease fitting and the left side dose not. What do you make of that?
2001 Ford Escape budget adventure rig
Roof basket w/ diy bike racks and shovel mount
Aftermarket hitch and trailer lights
Blacked out grille,Headlight eyelids
Cargo management/Kitchen
AT tires
Stickers!
Drjames

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2001 Escape 4x4 xlt

Postby Squirrel - December 17th, 2016, 1:20 am

Drjames wrote:Received the kit today. Everything seams to be in order. Lower control arms,stab links and tie rid ends. Everything looks rugged enough and alot better than what's on the truck now. However one of the ball joints on the control arm has a grease fitting and the left side dose not. What do you make of that?

Hmmm...I'd write the seller and inquire about one with no grease zerk. Do the stabilizer links have zerks also? I go out of my way getting parts without zerks. I don't like them. Took me 3 different parts houses to find my stabilizer links that were sealed.
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield |BOSS BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Postby Drjames - December 17th, 2016, 2:21 am

Wrote them an email about the grease fittings,waiting to hear back. The links do not have the fitting but the tie rod ends do.
2001 Ford Escape budget adventure rig
Roof basket w/ diy bike racks and shovel mount
Aftermarket hitch and trailer lights
Blacked out grille,Headlight eyelids
Cargo management/Kitchen
AT tires
Stickers!
Drjames

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2001 Escape 4x4 xlt

Previous