8 pcs Front End kit

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

8 pcs Front End kit

Postby Drjames - November 13th, 2016, 1:42 pm

Just wondering if any one has experience with these kits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AFLNZG4/re ... GXOI4TAAXT

Without a doubt the must be cheaper quality then say Acdelco components,But maybe reliable enough and better than my 140k components Im running now? Thoughts?
2001 Ford Escape budget adventure rig
Roof basket w/ diy bike racks and shovel mount
Aftermarket hitch and trailer lights
Blacked out grille,Headlight eyelids
Cargo management/Kitchen
AT tires
Stickers!
Drjames

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2001 Escape 4x4 xlt

Re: 8 pcs Front End kit

Postby Krohn - November 15th, 2016, 10:21 pm

I wouldn't. I'd instead go with "more" reliable parts from RockAuto and replace what you need. Moog is a great name to go with if applicable.
2002 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6 Auto (My Current)
245-70/16 Hankook Dyna-Pro ATM Tires, H&R 1" Lift Springs, KYB GR-2 Struts
Build: http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30315

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (My Previous, Traded 2016)
Recaros, Torsen Diff, MGW Shifter
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Wife's Current)
Auto, 4:10s, Navigation, Alpine 9-spkr System
Krohn

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Nathan
My vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Sydney

Postby Steel_ACME - November 15th, 2016, 10:45 pm

As a shop owner I'd use it on my own escape and just not be upset if I have to change them in 25000 miles

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Steel_ACME

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Drjames - November 15th, 2016, 10:52 pm

I agree with both of you and thats kind of what I was thinking. If the car were less miles and I was planning longer term I would go with Moog,Acdelco etc. However if I can get two more years out of the rig Id be more than happy. Plus I think Im to the point where everything that is in the kit (Arms,tierods,links) need to be replaced and to price that with all quality components is a pretty penny that could be spend else where on the truck. :shrug:
Cargo management/Kitchen
AT tires
Stickers!
Drjames

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby 14theRoad - November 18th, 2016, 6:30 pm

Yeahh.. as long as you are ready to accept that you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't have an issue withe price and having to do the work say in 15 or 20K again but keep in mind, there's an alignment that would be required when any of those components are replaced except for the stabilizer bar links.
14theRoad

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Drjames - November 20th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Yeah the reality that comes with any of these off brand amazon/ebay parts! As for an alignment,I know I have to get one right after. Hopefully will be installing strut spacers while Im in there to avoid tearing the front end apart later on.
Cargo management/Kitchen
AT tires
Stickers!
Drjames

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby underthetire - November 20th, 2016, 1:56 pm

I've bought parts for other cars from Detroit axle, and never had any issues. Now the last couple AC delco parts I bought were utter made in China complete trash. Couldn't believe how bad they were.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk
underthetire

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2009 xlt sun and sync 2.5
My vehicle's name: Money saver

Postby Squirrel - December 14th, 2016, 2:21 am

Drjames wrote:Just wondering if any one has experience with these kits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AFLNZG4/re ... GXOI4TAAXT

Only read the opening post before writing this reply. :lol:

Without a doubt the must be cheaper quality then say Acdelco components,But maybe reliable enough and better than my 140k components Im running now? Thoughts?

I've not run these specific parts, but I have used DA's wheel hubs on my Chevy Venture vans when I was using vans for my work. Outstanding quality, superb customer service and a long lasting product. I had to replace one wheel hub because I over tightened the CV end bolt when I replaced it the 1st time. I emailed the seller (don't remember if I got it from a retailer or direct...I bought them all off Amazon) and within 48 hours, I had a brand new wheel hub at my front door...NO CHARGE!!! :thumb:

If I needed these parts you are inquiring about, I wouldn't hesitate getting what you linked to.
'04 Escape XLT | V-6 | FWD | Factory Bug Shield | Boss Audio BV9384NV double din touchscreen w/NAV | Esky EC170-08 High Definition Color CMOS Waterproof Car Backup Camera | Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | CIPA 36400 Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Temperature | carfieldenterprise.com Strut Tower Brace
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2004 XLT FWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Wannabe Bronco; Ghost

Postby 14theRoad - December 15th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Squirrel wrote:
Drjames wrote:Just wondering if any one has experience with these kits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AFLNZG4/re ... GXOI4TAAXT

Only read the opening post before writing this reply. :lol:

I've not run these specific parts, but I have used DA's wheel hubs on my Chevy Venture vans when I was using vans for my work. Outstanding quality, superb customer service and a long lasting product. I had to replace one wheel hub because I over tightened the CV end bolt when I replaced it the 1st time. I emailed the seller (don't remember if I got it from a retailer or direct...I bought them all off Amazon) and within 48 hours, I had a brand new wheel hub at my front door...NO CHARGE!!! :thumb:

If I needed these parts you are inquiring about, I wouldn't hesitate getting what you linked to.

How do you manage to overtighten a Hub bolt?? Those are normally at 210-225 ft/lbs?! or are you talking about the hubs that have 3 bolts that hold it to the steering knuckle type of hub bolt or the single hub bolt that fastens the CV shaft to the hub bearing? The three bolt configurations can be overtorqued.
14theRoad

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Drjames - December 15th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Good to hear. I've ordered the parts and hoping to do the job after the holidays. Should also be installing strut spacers at the same time. Anything else you recommend to switch while the front end is apart?
Cargo management/Kitchen
AT tires
Stickers!
Drjames

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Next