Post all your H&R/OME lift photos!

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Post all your H&R/OME lift photos!

Postby blamus - October 27th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Hey guys, please post all springs lift pics you have of your escape! I'd like to compare between the few options we have.

I've been enjoying my FEH for a while now. I've got 245/75r16 AT tires on and loving it. Last week my mechanic told me my rear shock is leaking, so, at 96k miles, its perfect timing to replace all my struts and shocks, and I might as well do the springs too.

Just ordered kyb struts and shocks all around, laser iridium spark plugs, air filters etc. for my 100k service.

I've been researching lifts since I bought the FEH, knowing that I'd go there one day. I've read every post multiple times on springs and I've seen a few pics of people's lifts. Not that many though. I've accepted that its really one of the 3 options - OME, canuck, or H&R. What I am trying to decide is which.

I do want the highest clearance, which should be the OME. But the few people who has reported back says its more like 1.2 inches, while ARB's website actually only claim 1". Add in the fact that these springs also settle over time. The decision gets interesting when you look at prices - OME is $335, CMS is $300, H&R only $205! And since no one would have had experience with more than 1 set of springs, I don't expect anyone can definitively tell me whether the OME is worth the extra $100. There are NO technical specs to be found for the springs anywhere. So - my last resort, ask for photos - not the most scientific.

The few pics I've seen, suggest that the OME is noticeably higher, but its not very clear, these pictures that I have found arent the fairest of comparisons.

Maybe, someone has seen both lifts in person and actually have some wisdom to share.

What do people think? whats my best bet factoring in the sale on the H&R?
blamus

E-C LEVEL 1

Re: Post all your H&R/OME lift photos!

Postby Escape94 - October 27th, 2016, 10:00 pm

A lifted hybrid that'll be cool :thumb: there's a video of one on YouTube. In your case with the H&R being just a 1" (as advertised) I'd would look into the OME springs or the Canucks. Both I would imagine have a higher spring constant than the H&Rs so they would "sag" less with the extra weight of the hybrid battery. I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with any of them but thats just my opinion. Good luck, and post some before/ afters

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby Krohn - October 31st, 2016, 4:50 am

H&R 1" Lift Springs, KYB front Struts, New Motorcraft rear shocks, and 245/70-16s All-Terrains...

Next to our stock height Rubicon...
2002 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6 Auto (My Current)
245-70/16 Hankook Dyna-Pro ATM Tires, H&R 1" Lift Springs, KYB GR-2 Struts
Build: http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30315

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (My Previous, Traded 2016)
Recaros, Torsen Diff, MGW Shifter
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Wife's Current)
Auto, 4:10s, Navigation, Alpine 9-spkr System
Krohn

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Nathan
My vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Sydney

Postby blamus - October 31st, 2016, 7:23 pm

Thanks for the lovely photos!

Did you think the H&R springs make a big difference in terms of clearance? Were you satisfied with the lift?

I picked up another forum member's (desertfox's) strut bar today in Denver and he told me that when he got his lift, he had to go H&R. He said he investigated it with his mechanic and concluded that with the new model years with electronic steering, any higher (OME etc.) would interfere with the steering. Apparently that is not a concern with traditional steering on older models. I have not read of this on here so I was a little shocked. Since I have a hybrid.....and its electronic steering, I might just have to be safe and go H&R - I just don't want to be "underwhelmed" by the difference. 1" just sound so little difference from stock and if it sags even more over time......I've 100k miles on the FEH, could my efforts be better spent elsewhere?
blamus

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby Krohn - November 2nd, 2016, 9:00 am

blamus wrote:Thanks for the lovely photos!

Did you think the H&R springs make a big difference in terms of clearance? Were you satisfied with the lift?

I picked up another forum member's (desertfox's) strut bar today in Denver and he told me that when he got his lift, he had to go H&R. He said he investigated it with his mechanic and concluded that with the new model years with electronic steering, any higher (OME etc.) would interfere with the steering. Apparently that is not a concern with traditional steering on older models. I have not read of this on here so I was a little shocked. Since I have a hybrid.....and its electronic steering, I might just have to be safe and go H&R - I just don't want to be "underwhelmed" by the difference. 1" just sound so little difference from stock and if it sags even more over time......I've 100k miles on the FEH, could my efforts be better spent elsewhere?

Elsewhere? It really depends on what you want. I prefer I slightly higher look, feel, and clearance... Plus, the H&Rs are stiffer than stock which I love.
Looking back, I would have probably gone with Canuk since they would have added another 1/2" or so but I am plenty satisfied with these. They're worth the ~$200. If you're having the struts replaced, then why not. Yeah it's only an inch but I have, with tires, roughly ~10-in of clearance down the middle. I wouldn't go stock, I'd atleast go H&R if not Canuk.
2002 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6 Auto (My Current)
245-70/16 Hankook Dyna-Pro ATM Tires, H&R 1" Lift Springs, KYB GR-2 Struts
Build: http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30315

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (My Previous, Traded 2016)
Recaros, Torsen Diff, MGW Shifter
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Wife's Current)
Auto, 4:10s, Navigation, Alpine 9-spkr System
Krohn

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Nathan
My vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Sydney

Postby RichK - November 9th, 2016, 2:33 pm

Yes, great pictures! I'm adding those HR springs when I replace my struts.......
RichK

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2002 Mazda Tribute DX

Return to Suspension Mods