Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Installing Strut Spacers.

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  RichK 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Picked up these 1.5" spacers from ebay. I think they look decent but figured I'd ask for input from anyone who has installed these themselves. I also have some 1.5" rubber coil spring spacers. Plan on doing it both on Saturday if it's warm enough here in Illinois.

E is a 2003 3.0 V6 XLT 4x4.

See less See more
#2 ·
There have been a couple installations here in the suspension section. With an 03 you should be fine. Just put the rubber ones in the rear springs. Good luck!

#3 ·
You MAY need different/shorter studs in your strut mounting plate. Depends how long they are. Would hate for you to go :doh: after it is all apart already. ;)

#5 ·
mjm115 said:
Hi All,

Picked up these 1.5" spacers from ebay. I think they look decent but figured I'd ask for input from anyone who has installed these themselves. I also have some 1.5" rubber coil spring spacers. Plan on doing it both on Saturday if it's warm enough here in Illinois.

E is a 2003 3.0 V6 XLT 4x4.
Just checking in to see if you have installed the rear spacer?

#6 ·
Joconnor1101 said:
X2. + pics. I'd like to see it in action for the price. Cost effective 1.5"? Im in!

#8 ·
Stryfe said:
Joconnor1101 said:
X2. + pics. I'd like to see it in action for the price. Cost effective 1.5"? Im in!
Hey guys, I installed the strut spacers but haven't done the rear spring spacers; I was advised against putting the rear spacers directly on top or bottom of the springs. but mainly I've been waiting to get my new tires (30x9.5R15) to see how it looks before adding the rear spacers if I do at all because my E seems pretty level just from the strut spacers. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.