Re: leveling kits

Postby nriossi - April 10th, 2015, 6:29 pm

next is new rims and tires hopefully
2012 Ford Escape XLT Sport Appearance V6
-K&N Air Filter
-6K HID Headlights
-LED Fog Lights
-Black grille inserts
-Plasti Dipped front grille down to air dam (emphasize sport appearance look on the black color)
-AVS aeroskin hood protector
-AVS Window Deflectors
-20% tint front windows to match factory tint and tail lights tints
-weather tech floor liners
-strut tower bar
-1.5" level
nriossi

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Yos
My vehicle: 2012 Escape XLT V6 Sport App.

Postby Escape94 - April 10th, 2015, 9:04 pm

nriossi wrote:before pics

strut tower bar

after 1.5" level

Very nice! Put some rubber cool spring spacer in your rear springs for some peace at mind. It'll also lift the rear a tad

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby nriossi - April 10th, 2015, 9:14 pm

Yea I have to wait for another paycheck for those plus it's about time for me to redo the brakes as well
2012 Ford Escape XLT Sport Appearance V6
-K&N Air Filter
-6K HID Headlights
-LED Fog Lights
-Black grille inserts
-Plasti Dipped front grille down to air dam (emphasize sport appearance look on the black color)
-AVS aeroskin hood protector
-AVS Window Deflectors
-20% tint front windows to match factory tint and tail lights tints
-weather tech floor liners
-strut tower bar
-1.5" level
nriossi

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Yos
My vehicle: 2012 Escape XLT V6 Sport App.

Postby grantdcol - April 22nd, 2015, 7:40 pm

Escape94 wrote:
Drjames wrote:Hey. I have a 2001 E and I'm looking to lift it. Considering going with the OME lift coils and possibly the leveling spacers on top to give the front about 3.5 to 4'' of lift. My question is,is the possible/practical with out major mods? Thanks

youll want to stay below 2" or youll run into issues with your CV joints. So One or the other, not both.

Who has actually had first hand experience with CV "issues" on these cars due to an excessive lift? What lift or combination of lifts was used and what were the exact symptoms?

The max CV angle with an OME spring and a strut spacer is the same as just a strut spacer. The OME springs only move your ride height position within the stock limits, they don't add any suspension travel.

FWIW, I've fabricated my own long travel suspension system from scratch. I'm familiar joints and geometry. I don't deny that added CV angle can cause failure, but in two months of reading this site, I've only seen posts from people who are worried about an issue with >2", and I haven't found anyone who has had an issue themselves. If you have experienced CV failure due to lift or know of a thread that describes one, please post up!
grantdcol

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Escape94 - April 22nd, 2015, 8:05 pm

The CV issue was discussed earlier in this thread.

grantdcol wrote:
Escape94 wrote:
Drjames wrote:Hey. I have a 2001 E and I'm looking to lift it. Considering going with the OME lift coils and possibly the leveling spacers on top to give the front about 3.5 to 4'' of lift. My question is,is the possible/practical with out major mods? Thanks

youll want to stay below 2" or youll run into issues with your CV joints. So One or the other, not both.

Who has actually had first hand experience with CV "issues" on these cars due to an excessive lift? What lift or combination of lifts was used and what were the exact symptoms?

The max CV angle with an OME spring and a strut spacer is the same as just a strut spacer. The OME springs only move your ride height position within the stock limits, they don't add any suspension travel.

FWIW, I've fabricated my own long travel suspension system from scratch. I'm familiar joints and geometry. I don't deny that added CV angle can cause failure, but in two months of reading this site, I've only seen posts from people who are worried about an issue with >2", and I haven't found anyone who has had an issue themselves. If you have experienced CV failure due to lift or know of a thread that describes one, please post up!

Any pics of your setup??

Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8

Postby TexasGator - May 13th, 2015, 7:19 pm

grantdcol wrote:
Escape94 wrote:

See page 6 of this very thread.

Mods

K&N Air Filter | EBC Green Stuff Pads | EBC Vented Rotors | CarField Strut Tower Brace | 245/75R16 BF Goodrich T/A KO2's | Limited Roof Rack | Limited Rear Lift-Gate Trim | Limited Fog Lights |JBL MS-62C 6.5" Component Speakers | Polk DB521 Rear Speakers | 2 Dayton Audio NS270-44 10" Neodymium Low-Profile DVC Subwoofers | Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier | Pioneer GM-D8604 Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier | XS Power D1200 AGM Battery | Scosche EFX Battery Terminals | Husky WeatherBeater Floor Mats | Black Gorilla Lug Nuts | Drake Off Road Billet Antenna | Black Billet Fender Washer Kit | Custom 2.5L Engine Cover | Gunmetal Billet Oil Cap | Super Bright LED's 194 LED Bulb w/ Focusing Lens Reverse Lights | ProBolt Black Engine Bay Nuts | Yakima Front Loader Bike Rack | Custom Black Plasti-Dip Accents | Custom Black Painted Rotors, Calipers and Drums | Custom Black Painted Engine Covers and Oil Dip Stick | Gator Badge
TexasGator

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My nickname: Gator
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLS

Postby Meatloafmountain - August 7th, 2015, 7:40 pm

cwill711 wrote:I recently intalled a set of H&R lift springs and now my driver front shock is busted. My advice to anyone doing a lift is get the springs and some new shocks with a longer travel. NOT KYB!

Did you do front and back? I have H&R springs enroute; I have KYBs up front and stock back. I was thinking of only lifting the front and leaving the back alone.
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed
* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces
* K&N air filter - Gibson exhaust
* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks
* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Postby JJDH - July 1st, 2016, 11:00 am

I read this entire thread. I purchased 1.5 level spacers from ebay. Started to install them on my wifes 2011 limited. I stopped due to the difficulty with the stabilizer link. Then I found this thread.
What is the final verdict for the 2011 with the 1.5 kit. Any damage or issues with suspension?
JJDH

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Escape94 - July 6th, 2016, 5:48 pm

1.5 alone...you may run into CV issues. I highly recommend putting rubber coil spring spacers in the rear springs so that you don't have the "take off" effect described here.

Currently:
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8

Postby JJDH - July 8th, 2016, 11:10 pm

We just put the 1.5s on my dads 2008, and tonight, my wifes 2011. Got the stab links in. Once its on the ground, all items line up well. I dont see any steep angles,to cause cv issues. I did order the air lift rear bags for the springs. My dad has those already. I say the 1.5 inch is fine, but need the bags in back, to steady out the rocking. Good result so far. Thanks for the reply.
JJDH

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension Mods