leveling kits

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Re: leveling kits

Postby Rook - November 18th, 2014, 3:26 am

Ross484 wrote:Ended up buying and installing the J Lebel kit from eBay. Had a wreck that messed up one of my front wheels and the axle so when they were fixing and replacing it I had them install it since they were going to do the alignment anyways as well. Had driven perfectly fine with it in. Mine is a 2011 V6 with front wheel drive, so I was told it was a bit more complicated to install than on a normal rear wheel drive car and am glad I didn't do it myself. Purchased the 1.5 inch lift, which was the exact difference between the front and the back and also seemed like it was the recommended max lift/level after reading over this forum. Got some pictures to show that it looks pretty perfect. Has driven with no problems so far and I've had it on there for I suppose about a month now that I've had it back. Since I didn't install it, I can't answer any questions related to that, but I can say that all has been fine since I've been driving it and I think it looks pretty great.

How are your 1.5" lifts doing guys?
POWERED BY: TheCHIVE

2010 Ford Escape Limited V6 4WD:
A.K.A. Doctor Krieger

MODs: New to me, 2010 Ford Escape Limited V6 4WD
Emergency response: My Emergency Light install thread
EDC/BOB thread:Everyday carry (EDC) and Bug Out Bag (BOB) picture thread

Supernatural wrote:Crowley: "She was a horrible mother. Did I tell you the time that she almost traded me for three pigs, three! I was an attractive child, I could juggle. I was worth five pigs, at least."
Rook

E-C LEVEL 7
Congratulations on reaching 1,500 posts!
My nickname: Rook
My vehicle: 2010 Escape LTD V6 4WD
My vehicle's name: Dr. Krieger

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Sbm1228 - November 29th, 2014, 11:33 pm

I love mine. I would recommend it to anyone looking to improve the look of the Escape. Especially at the price. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sbm1228

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape Limited

Postby Ross484 - February 2nd, 2015, 1:31 am

Rook wrote:
Ross484 wrote:Ended up buying and installing the J Lebel kit from eBay. Had a wreck that messed up one of my front wheels and the axle so when they were fixing and replacing it I had them install it since they were going to do the alignment anyways as well. Had driven perfectly fine with it in. Mine is a 2011 V6 with front wheel drive, so I was told it was a bit more complicated to install than on a normal rear wheel drive car and am glad I didn't do it myself. Purchased the 1.5 inch lift, which was the exact difference between the front and the back and also seemed like it was the recommended max lift/level after reading over this forum. Got some pictures to show that it looks pretty perfect. Has driven with no problems so far and I've had it on there for I suppose about a month now that I've had it back. Since I didn't install it, I can't answer any questions related to that, but I can say that all has been fine since I've been driving it and I think it looks pretty great.

How are your 1.5" lifts doing guys?

Mines been on for as long as that post from before and I've had absolutely no problems with it and it still looks great! So that ebay seller has my vote.

2011 Ford Escape Limited
Aries Grille Guard, Black Horse Tail Light Guards, Hella 500 Light Kit with Grille Covers, 15% Side/Back Window Tint, AVS Bug Deflector, AVS In-Channel Ventvisor, AVS Pop-Out Windflector, Rage Slim Low Profile Roof Basket, AMI Stubby 6" Antenna, J Lebel leveling kit, All Weather floor mats, husky mud guards, reverse LEDs, driving LED strip around for lights, Raptor style amber LEDs
Ross484

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited

Postby johnmlebel - April 9th, 2015, 11:48 pm

Glad they are working out for every one. Sorry I havent been around much. I got divorced and have my kids most the time along with working 2 fulltime jobs and making these on the side and am now in the process of moving. So I still make them just slower than I was before.
johnmlebel

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Rook - April 10th, 2015, 1:25 am

Is your ex named D... Lebel?
POWERED BY: TheCHIVE

2010 Ford Escape Limited V6 4WD:
A.K.A. Doctor Krieger

MODs: New to me, 2010 Ford Escape Limited V6 4WD
Emergency response: My Emergency Light install thread
EDC/BOB thread:Everyday carry (EDC) and Bug Out Bag (BOB) picture thread

Supernatural wrote:Crowley: "She was a horrible mother. Did I tell you the time that she almost traded me for three pigs, three! I was an attractive child, I could juggle. I was worth five pigs, at least."
Rook

E-C LEVEL 7
Congratulations on reaching 1,500 posts!
My nickname: Rook
My vehicle: 2010 Escape LTD V6 4WD
My vehicle's name: Dr. Krieger

Postby Drjames - April 10th, 2015, 9:55 am

Hey. I have a 2001 E and I'm looking to lift it. Considering going with the OME lift coils and possibly the leveling spacers on top to give the front about 3.5 to 4'' of lift. My question is,is the possible/practical with out major mods? Thanks
Drjames

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2001 Escape 4x4 xlt

Postby nriossi - April 10th, 2015, 4:26 pm

installed a 1.5" level kit and strut tower brace, check it out.

C:\Users\Nicholas Iossi\Pictures\2015-04-10 iphone nicholas pics\iphone nicholas pics 088.JPG

C:\Users\Nicholas Iossi\Pictures\2015-04-10 iphone nicholas pics\iphone nicholas pics 095.JPG
2012 Ford Escape XLT Sport Appearance V6
-K&N Air Filter
-6K HID Headlights
-LED Fog Lights
-Black grille inserts
-Plasti Dipped front grille down to air dam (emphasize sport appearance look on the black color)
-AVS aeroskin hood protector
-AVS Window Deflectors
-20% tint front windows to match factory tint and tail lights tints
-weather tech floor liners
-strut tower bar
-1.5" level
nriossi

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Yos
My vehicle: 2012 Escape XLT V6 Sport App.

Postby nriossi - April 10th, 2015, 4:27 pm

how do you post pics on here?? can't figure that out
-K&N Air Filter
-6K HID Headlights
-LED Fog Lights
-Black grille inserts
-Plasti Dipped front grille down to air dam (emphasize sport appearance look on the black color)
-AVS Window Deflectors
-strut tower bar
-1.5" level
nriossi

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Escape94 - April 10th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Drjames wrote:Hey. I have a 2001 E and I'm looking to lift it. Considering going with the OME lift coils and possibly the leveling spacers on top to give the front about 3.5 to 4'' of lift. My question is,is the possible/practical with out major mods? Thanks

youll want to stay below 2" or youll run into issues with your CV joints. So One or the other, not both.

nriossi wrote:installed a 1.5" level kit and strut tower brace, check it out.

C:\Users\Nicholas Iossi\Pictures\2015-04-10 iphone nicholas pics\iphone nicholas pics 088.JPG

C:\Users\Nicholas Iossi\Pictures\2015-04-10 iphone nicholas pics\iphone nicholas pics 095.JPG

Try using photobucket. Theres a thread that explains how, I'll grab it for you.

edit: here it is http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=171

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby nriossi - April 10th, 2015, 6:28 pm

before pics

strut tower bar

after 1.5" level

-K&N Air Filter
-6K HID Headlights
-LED Fog Lights
-Black grille inserts
-AVS Window Deflectors
-strut tower bar
-1.5" level
nriossi

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension Mods