leveling kits

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

leveling kits

Postby johnmlebel - March 25th, 2012, 9:37 am

so who on here has the lift and level kit from ebay? how do you like it any complaints?
johnmlebel

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: leveling kits

Postby redroverrob - March 25th, 2012, 3:02 pm

just ordered mine will be posting update as soon as installed
redroverrob

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby deep-sea-escape - March 29th, 2012, 5:31 pm

if you are talking about the kit that is being sold by J LeBel and are being sold for around $65. don't waste your time. i purchased the kit from him and when i received it i was extremely disappointed in the craftsmanship. the design is good but it really needs a thorough look structurally. i will not put this product on my vehicle and it will be getting sent back. the welds were not good at all. the penetration was horrible and the welds themselves were gapped and you can see through the two pieces that are supposed to be welded. the mounting studs were not centered and i don't believe they would even fit through the holes on the car i would not recommend this product
2011 escape XLT 4wd
deep-sea-escape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2011 ford escape xlt 4x4

Postby Kennedy - April 8th, 2012, 7:56 pm

I have to disagree with the post above me. I have mine installed, you can see it in my signature. Worked out well and I installed it myself so I know how everything fit, which was well. However, my friend did comment on the weld job, (he welds) and said it wasn't very good, although it was fine for what I was using it for.
Current "mods": Sylvania Silverstar Ultras, E3 high performance spark plugs , Ford rubber floor mats, LED interior lights, License plate covers, Pass code door entry, Carbon Fiber stubby antenna, AVS Window Deflectors, OEM foglights, ambient lighting, leveling kit, LED license plate bulbs, Mac cold air intake, Kenwood deck, 4 100 watt Pilot offroad lights

To be: Roof basket, Husky liners, Hood deflector, rims and a/t tires, , grille guard, rear bumper guard, OME suspension and lift kit, Flowmaster 44 dual exhaust

Kennedy

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Kennedy
My vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape XLS 3.0L 4x4
My vehicle's name: Onyx

Postby Seahawkscape - April 9th, 2012, 12:28 am

So, I've tried searching ebay using a variety of different key words (ford escape leveling kit, leveling spacers, J Lebel...etc. etc.) and still the only thing even close that comes up is the Canuck springs...what gives...where are these mysterious spacers?

Kennedy, from you sig pic it looks like the front end is actually a bit higher than the rear...or at least there seems to be more empty wheel well showing...is that the case, or just my eyes playing tricks from the camera angle?
Seahawkscape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2005 Escape XLT Sport v6 4wd

Postby Kennedy - April 9th, 2012, 6:48 am

In person, it is a tad bit higher. But from the camera angle, your eyes are just playing tricks on you. :lol:
Current "mods": Sylvania Silverstar Ultras, E3 high performance spark plugs , Ford rubber floor mats, LED interior lights, License plate covers, Pass code door entry, Carbon Fiber stubby antenna, AVS Window Deflectors, OEM foglights, ambient lighting, leveling kit, LED license plate bulbs, Mac cold air intake, Kenwood deck, 4 100 watt Pilot offroad lights

To be: Roof basket, Husky liners, Hood deflector, rims and a/t tires, , grille guard, rear bumper guard, OME suspension and lift kit, Flowmaster 44 dual exhaust

Kennedy

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Kennedy - April 9th, 2012, 6:48 am

Kennedy

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Bratts - April 9th, 2012, 6:56 pm

I was thinking of buying a set of these but his shipping destinations are the US and Australia only. ... No shipping to Canada that I can see

Bratts
Bratts

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby mike08 - April 11th, 2012, 1:00 pm

nevermind...found it

:hide:

2002 Ford Escape XLT V6 4x4 Black/Black
California plate mounted on front, Bug deflector, Sylvania XFE headlights, Roof racks, Black LAKERSC vinyl sticker on rear lower left window, Tow pkg., Black leather, moon roof/sun roof, Mach mp3 system
Future Mods: Brush guard, Yellow fog lights, Plasti dip wheels, 15% front tinted windows, iPod hook-up, husky liners for winter

LAKERS DODGERS TROJANS KINGS
mike08

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: The Tumbler

Postby joethecrow - April 19th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Kennedy wrote:In person, it is a tad bit higher. But from the camera angle, your eyes are just playing tricks on you. :lol:

Kennedy,...How was this to install? Any related problems or issues I should watch for? What about headlight aim, driveability? How's she handle?...First impressions after install> I bought a pair, just waiting for a chance to install, was it a difficult job>

Thanks,...Joe
joethecrow

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My nickname: Joe the Crow
My vehicle: 07 Ford Escape XLT 4X4
My vehicle's name: The Escapee

Next

Return to Suspension Mods