Bald Eagle State Forest

Escape to the great outdoors! Towing-related conversations are welcome here as well!

Bald Eagle State Forest

Postby Escape94 - May 15th, 2017, 8:09 pm

So several weeks back, I went camping out in Bald Eagle State Forest with the area mtn_roo group. It's asubaru group, but I was invited since I follow and communicate with the guy who organized it on Instagram. There are some nice trails out there. Anyway here are some pics!

One could easily spend a whole day on the trails and forest roads.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Bald Eagle State Forest

Postby MadMax - May 16th, 2017, 2:24 am

Looks like a Subaru rally :lol:

Actually, it looks like fun :thumb:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby stone - May 17th, 2017, 8:55 am

Nice photos. :thumb:
stone

E-C LEVEL 20
My vehicle: 06 Ford Escape XLT 4X4
My vehicle's name: Little Tonka

Postby feh2goup - May 19th, 2017, 6:01 pm

How did the Escape do relative to the Subarus? My experience is that the AWD '09 Escape does at least as well as stock Subarus, in winter/snow/ice or summer/gravel. No one with a Subaru has gotten farther than I have with the Escape, and I've made it farther than some Subarus.

In Canada, I can't recall ever seeing a Subaru modified like those in your pictures.
2009 Escape Hybrid Limited AWD, Black, bought Jan.2013
- replaced ambient temperature sensor
- replaced hvac blend door motor
- updated SYNC software
- replaced water pump
- brake job
- replaced steering column
- replaced TPMS sensor
- multiple rear hatch water leaks fixed
- rattle in dashboard resolved as loose bolt in steering column coupler
- replaced underbody a/c lines to rear hvac
- replaced backup sensor
- replaced sway bar links
- replaced one outer tie rod (105,000 miles)
- replaced right front wheel bearing
- replaced ball joints
- another brake job
- replaced a/c condenser
feh2goup

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby MadMax - May 20th, 2017, 2:01 am

feh2goup wrote:How did the Escape do relative to the Subarus? My experience is that the AWD '09 Escape does at least as well as stock Subarus, in winter/snow/ice or summer/gravel. No one with a Subaru has gotten farther than I have with the Escape, and I've made it farther than some Subarus.

In Canada, I can't recall ever seeing a Subaru modified like those in your pictures.

Very good question :thumb: Does anyone with experience in both the Subaru and Escape care to give their thoughts on their 4WD systems?
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby Escape94 - May 27th, 2017, 2:33 pm

MadMax wrote:
feh2goup wrote:How did the Escape do relative to the Subarus? My experience is that the AWD '09 Escape does at least as well as stock Subarus, in winter/snow/ice or summer/gravel. No one with a Subaru has gotten farther than I have with the Escape, and I've made it farther than some Subarus.

Very good question :thumb: Does anyone with experience in both the Subaru and Escape care to give their thoughts on their 4WD systems?

I'm sorry I didn't see that both of you had commented. Anyway we broke into 2 groups, a "novice" group and an "experienced" group. I stuck with the novice group due to the lack of skid plates and lift. On the trails it did just fine compared to everyone else. Definitely surprised some people how it did going over some rocky terrain. I like to say the escape is comparable to a stock forester. Though in reality Subaru's have a better AWD system compared to our i4x4. 50/50 split vs 60/40. It was a fun weekend though.

And Max, it was a Subaru event, I just talk to the organizer on social media periodically so I was invited.

There were some lifted foresters and outbacks here. Really cool group to meet.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Return to Off-Roading, Camping And Towing