eBay All-In-One Key Fob

Share your product reviews here!
Forum rules
Product reviews are provided for your enjoyment. These reviews reflect the opinions of members who have used these products and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Escape City. This forum is not intended for sales. Posts deemed to be sales-oriented are subject to removal by moderators of Escape City. Thank you for your understanding!

eBay All-In-One Key Fob

Postby Ianmark - September 12th, 2014, 3:55 pm

I ordered a key/fob from a Chinese seller on eBay and just wanted to let people know what I think
of it.
Here is a link...
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221518640364?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
This is the key/fob...

The fob is very well made, with a quality I wasn't expecting. I paid US $21.99 with free shipping. The chip is an 80-bit chip
and it starts the Escape with no problems. I had to take the key out to get it cut (locksmith asked) and when I saw the key,
it too looks to be very well made.

The fob seems to work twice as far away as the stock fob. Weird but true.

The only negative I had with this was the battery (2025) was dead when I tried to program the fob. I have extras and put
one in and it programmed perfectly, the same thing with the PATs programming.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice all-in-one key/fob.

Ian
Ianmark

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2005 Escape Limited 4X4

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: eBay All-In-One Key Fob

Postby underthetire - September 12th, 2014, 4:06 pm

I bought this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4b-Replacem ... 5e&vxp=mtr

for the mustang. Works wonderful.
underthetire

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2009 xlt sun and sync 2.5
My vehicle's name: Money saver

Postby DarthR8er - October 27th, 2014, 12:43 am

Ianmark wrote:I ordered a key/fob from a Chinese seller on eBay and just wanted to let people know what I think
of it.
Here is a link...
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221518640364?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
This is the key/fob...

The fob is very well made, with a quality I wasn't expecting. I paid US $21.99 with free shipping. The chip is an 80-bit chip
and it starts the Escape with no problems. I had to take the key out to get it cut (locksmith asked) and when I saw the key,
it too looks to be very well made.

The fob seems to work twice as far away as the stock fob. Weird but true.

The only negative I had with this was the battery (2025) was dead when I tried to program the fob. I have extras and put
one in and it programmed perfectly, the same thing with the PATs programming.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice all-in-one key/fob.

Ian

I'm interested in this key. Before I purchase it, how do I program it to my 2007 Escape?
DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape XLS

Postby natalierose1992 - November 3rd, 2014, 8:30 am

I've been curious about these seen them around ebay. Is it very bulky? And to get the key made where did you have to go and was it expensive?

2006 Ford Escape
19" Esm rims, H&R lowering springs, kyb front strut, custom strut bar, Custom air intake, Custom exhaust after the catalyst resonator delete, Spec-d halo headlights (custom painted), De badged emblems, front black billet grille, black bug deflector, plasti dip lower grille, custom front lip, plasti dip stock rims, painted back wiper black, yellow tint fog lights, stubby antenna, 6.2" touchscreen radio with gps, custom painted interior, and more to come!
natalierose1992

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape Limited 4wd

Postby RobtRoma - November 3rd, 2014, 10:51 am

I have something similar for my Equinox. It is bulky but is it worse than having a separate key and fob? I don't think so. My only issue is the key will often unfold in my pocket. This can put pressure on the hinge. There have been a few reports on the Equinox forums of the key breaking at the hinge leaving people stranded. It's a good concept but I think it needs improving on.
ImageImage
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment...

ImageImageImage
RobtRoma
Super Moderator and E-C's 100,000th AND 200,000th Poster

E-C LEVEL 20
My nickname: Rob
My vehicle: 2002 XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: The Mean Green Machine

Postby Yossarian14 - November 5th, 2014, 10:54 am

Would you be able to tell me what was involved in getting the key cut and programmed for your escape? Others have asked in your thread where you posted.

Thanks
Yossarian14

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby maurilio - April 21st, 2015, 9:49 pm

maurilio

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: Ford Escape XLT 2012 3.0L V6

Postby Jeep_Explorer - May 7th, 2015, 11:47 pm

Yossarian14 wrote:Would you be able to tell me what was involved in getting the key cut and programmed for your escape? Others have asked in your thread where you posted.

Thanks

Key cutting it really cheap. any locksmith or even hardware store can do it. If you have 2 working keys already you can program them yourself, if not you will have to take it to a locksmith or dealer. I had one done for my old dodge truck and it was about 15 minutes total, and the locksmith charged me like $40.00.

I believe the key programming steps are in the owners manual. (not sure if American to Canadian models would be different.)
Jeep_Explorer

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 09 escape XLT, 08 Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: Blue one, and White one?

Postby Escapeism - May 8th, 2015, 8:52 am

Wish my 2013 was an easy job. Doesnt look like I can program mine since I have the 5 button remote with all the bells and whistles. I may be able to get a new key fob off of ebay, but I'm going to make sure my P/N matches up along with the the FCC and the other number. I have heard horror stories of even the dealer messing up the programming on the newer Escapes.
2013 Escape Titanium 2.0 4WD - Build Date 09/2012 - Ginger Ale - Panoramic Roof - Tow Package - Roof Racks - Mud Flaps - Husky Weatherbeaters - Kuga Rear LED Tail Lights - Body Color Rear Spoiler - Kuga Rear Fog Lights - LockPick Rear Camera - Added Factory NAV
-
Escapeism

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2013 Escape Titanium 4WD

Postby ibra0078 - May 16th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Can any locksmith program the key, looking to get one for my 2011 EC.
ibra0078

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited

Next

Return to Product Reviews