07 scape with only 15k miles???

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

07 scape with only 15k miles???

Postby sandyhills - January 6th, 2017, 1:23 am

So I was driving uber, and picked up a rider(Sales man) at a Ford dealer.

Ended up asking about the if they have any 2nd gen. And he tells me that they just got one 07scape traded in with only 15k miles.

Story goes: the 1st owner had it and left it in the garage for I don't know how many years cuz they had a nicer car to ride.

So I said, 'I can't believe you,' any one else?

Ok, if that's true, and it's been sitting in a garage for awhile. would the car have issues you'd think?

I'll need to search for history on this before buying.
I'm just starting out on the mods.
03 Escape XLS 4WD
sandyhills

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 03 Escape XLS V6 4WD

Re: 07 scape with only 15k miles???

Postby MadMax - January 6th, 2017, 7:45 am

It could have issues, it depends on many factors. The car has 15K on it, but how were those miles accumulated, long family trips twice a year or 20 mile trips weekly? If there were a lot of 2-3 mile trips, that's bad for a car. If you're really interested take it to a good mechanic and have it checked for dried seals, dry-rot tires etc.

If it checks out you'll have a great opportunity to get an almost brand new car for cheap, good luck
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 18

Postby DarthR8er - January 6th, 2017, 3:02 pm

sandyhills wrote:So I was driving uber, and picked up a rider(Sales man) at a Ford dealer.

Ended up asking about the if they have any 2nd gen. And he tells me that they just got one 07scape traded in with only 15k miles.

Story goes: the 1st owner had it and left it in the garage for I don't know how many years cuz they had a nicer car to ride.

Ok, if that's true, and it's been sitting in a garage for awhile. would the car have issues you'd think?

Careful with vehicles with such low miles. Being that it's a 2007, I wouldn't be too worried. A good friend of mine bought a 1998 Ford Ranger 2 years ago with around 35k miles for $2500. I assumed he got a helluva deal based on the low mileage. Unfortunately, it gave him more problems than he could handle. Every other week something would go wrong with it. He ended up spending an extra $2800 trying to fix every single issue that arose but to no avail. He ended up selling for a huge loss. If you do decide that you want to purchase that vehicle, have a Ford dealer fully inspect it as best as possible. The $200 multipoint inspection cost (depending on dealer) is money well spent on a purchase of a car. Good luck...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape XLS

Postby backroad101 - January 6th, 2017, 10:50 pm

DarthR8er wrote:
sandyhills wrote:So I was driving uber, and picked up a rider(Sales man) at a Ford dealer.

Careful with vehicles with such low miles. Being that it's a 2007, I wouldn't be too worried. A good friend of mine bought a 1998 Ford Ranger 2 years ago with around 35k miles for $2500. I assumed he got a helluva deal based on the low mileage. Unfortunately, it gave him more problems than he could handle. Every other week something would go wrong with it. He ended up spending an extra $2800 trying to fix every single issue that arose but to no avail. He ended up selling for a huge loss. If you do decide that you want to purchase that vehicle, have a Ford dealer fully inspect it as best as possible. The $200 multipoint inspection cost (depending on dealer) is money well spent on a purchase of a car. Good luck...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You have to consider both mileage and age. Yeah it may have super low miles, but you have to consider age. Rubber parts dry out and fail with age. If you buy a older low mileage car you should plan to flush all the fluid and replace all the hoses just as a safeguard. Even then gaskets could fail so you have to keep an eye out for leaks and catch things before they get bad. If it has sat for a while, tires could develop flat spots and need replacing as well.

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/stop-buyi ... 1729343464

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby underthetire - January 6th, 2017, 11:18 pm

My father bought a 87 jeep Cherokee in 1999. It had 24k original miles and looked new. He drove the hell out of that thing with very little problems until 2007 when he wanted a new car. A good deal does happen.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
underthetire

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2009 xlt sun and sync 2.5
My vehicle's name: Money saver

Return to Tailgate Chat