Escape City Changes

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Escape City Changes

Postby jpark - December 14th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Good Afternoon, EC!

You may have noticed some server downtime on Monday morning, December 5. EC was moved to yet another new server, and I wanted to let everyone know that this transition also marks a transition in the ownership of EC. It won't affect the moderators or the members, but it will improve EC's performance behind the scenes. I've been the person responsible for paying the bills and managing the physical design and operation of the site, and I haven't done the job I've wanted to do with it.

Over the past three years, I've taken on new business that has taken away much of my free time. I also lost my father three years ago, and that loss really affected my views on life. It made some things that I thought were important seem less important, and my interest in EC waned as a result. For technical reasons, it also became more difficult for me to help members with things like part numbers and installation and wiring diagrams. Finally, server issues arose last month when my server vendor charged me a rather significant fee for sending too much forum topic subscription e-mail. With that, I've decided to host my own server for my business in the near future, and I can't risk e-mail issues like this again. It really was the "straw that broke the camel's back".

Over the years, I've been approached by several organizations looking to purchase EC. I didn't take this decision lightly or make it without a lot of soul-searching. After comparing vendors, I decided to work with VerticalScope, mainly because they were the only forum vendor who could offer me the promise that the current moderators could remain in their positions with EC to keep the "family" atmosphere in place, and that the transition wouldn't affect membership. This was most important to me, and VerticalScope was the most honest vendor I contacted. They also have a far better physical infrastructure, specializing in forum hosting. I didn't become an independently wealthy "sellout" by doing this, but let me say that this will help my business more than anything else, and EC will now have a solid, dedicated platform with far more room to grow.

My biggest thanks go to EC's moderator staff, the true driving force behind EC. They're the people who have made EC grow by giving their time and efforts to a forum that started life in 2008 with a handful of members and a server constructed of retired computer parts that I was ready to sell on eBay. From me to everyone at EC: thank you.

Sincerely,

JP
Escape City
ImageImage
2016 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD, Magnetic Metallic, Charcoal Heated Leather, new 9/23/2015
- 2.0L EcoBoost I4, 6-speed auto, 301A, Sync 3/Sirius/HD, Panoramic Roof, Navigation
- Husky WeatherBeater 99741/23741 mats, Ford factory splash guards
2008 Ford Fusion SE FWD, Black, Charcoal/Red leather, new 2/23/2008, still strong and trouble-free
- 2.3L I4, 5-speed auto, Sync, Sport Appearance/Moon 'N Tune/Ambient Lighting packages, Husky WB 98301 mats
2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD, Ruby Red Metallic, Charcoal Leather, new 11/2/2012, sold 9/23/2015
2010 Ford Escape Limited FWD, Black, Camel Leather, new 4/22/2010, sold 11/2/2012
2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus AWD, Blazing Copper Metallic, Charcoal Leather, new 6/18/2007, sold 4/22/2010
2005 Ford Escape Limited 4WD, Redfire Metallic, Pebble Leather, new 6/4/2004, sold 6/18/2007
jpark
E-C Administrator

E-C LEVEL 20
My nickname: JP
My vehicle: 2016 Escape Titanium 2.0EB 4WD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Escape City Changes

Postby AG_Admin - December 14th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for Escape-City.com.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip
AG_Admin
E-C Administrator

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Charles - December 14th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Welcome to the City Phillip!!! We are glad you joined us!!! :welcome:

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row), Wireless Rear View Camera.
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Postby MadMax - December 14th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Look forward to working with you, Phillip. Welcome!
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 19

Postby FRENCHY - December 14th, 2016, 5:58 pm

A warm welcome to you Philip :peace: :welcome:
As well,

Look forward to working with you :thumb: :thumb:
15 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758&start=30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby AG_Admin - December 14th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Thanks for the welcomes!
-Philip
AG_Admin
E-C Administrator

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Escape94 - December 15th, 2016, 1:33 pm

:hi: :welcome: :hi:

Jpark: will you still be around, or is this total "retirement" from e-c?

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
Hopefully some more to come in the future...(suggestions welcome :D)
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2011 Escape LTD V6 4x4

Postby Dasha - December 15th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Welcome, Philip! :) :) :)

"Steel Magnolia"
2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech package
Crystal White Pearl Mica with Black Leather
SKYACTIV -G 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder 184 Horsepower
19-inch aluminum alloy wheels
Purchased 1/11/14

RIP, sweet Mariner. July 2005-December 2013. http://www.cardomain.com/id/Dashariner

JIMMYJOHN wrote:^ Sweeter Than Fudge

Dasha
Most Magnificent Mariner Moderator, Now With The Extra Gleamy Bling of E-C's 300,000th Post!

E-C LEVEL 20
My vehicle: 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
My vehicle's name: Steel Magnolia

Postby weebee - December 16th, 2016, 12:48 pm

I've been on a rough 12 hour schedule for the last couple of weeks. So I just saw this. I'm very sorry to hear that you are parting with the ownership of this site JP. Though I understand. I truly hope you come by and visit when you can.
2014 Ford C-max SE. MFT/NAV/SAT power lift gate, remote start, winter package.
2014 Subaru CrossTrek Hybrid Touring. Heated leather, Nav/Sat , keyless entry/start.
weebee
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 13
My nickname: WeeBee
My vehicle: 2011 Edge SEL, 2011 Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: None yet

Postby stone - February 5th, 2017, 9:52 am

Welcome Phillip!. :welcome:
Thanks for your informative explanation JPark. :yes:
stone

E-C LEVEL 20