Levittown Ford parts

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Levittown Ford parts

Postby john b - November 28th, 2016, 12:27 am

I would like to prevent others from having the same experience i did buying parts through the internet. As some of you may know, Ford is having a quality control problem with Motorcraft alternators. I don't know how extensive the problem is, but it affects the alternators that fit my 20005 Escape and presumably other years as well.

I purchased an alternator from Levittown Ford, an online parts source I have used and had respectable service from for many years. I installed it myself since I am a retired mechanic and as many of you know it is a frustrating and time consuming job. After installing it the output was erratic. Being older and retired I couldn't bring myself to do a second replacement because it is a time consuming job due the time and effort involved. I brought my Escspe to A-Z Auro Repair, a very respected shop in my Chicagoland neighborhood. They diagnosed the problem as a defective alternator and replaced it with an identical Motorcraft unit from their Ford parts source. This alternator was also defective. A-Z filed a claim with their source for labor and replaced that alternator again. Defective Motorcraft alternators are a well known problem to Ford and there is a process to file a claim for labor involved for replacement of a defective part. Levittown Ford refuses to offer anything but condolences. I am now out about $800 for the diagnosis and replacement of the alternator due to the defective one I received from Levittown. Levittown Ford refuses to stand behind their products and do the right thing for this customer of many years. They are responsive to inquires and purchases provided rverything goes right, but they have no integrity when they sell a defective part. This is the response I got from Levittown Ford;

Hello John,
We thank you for your order and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Unfortunately there are no returns on electrical items. We do however
offer warranty replacements on this unit. We can send you the Ford invoice
if you would like to exchange the unit for another at a local dealer. We
can also have you send this one back for a replacement if you want to go
that route. We will need the miles of the vehicle and a replacement will
be sent once we receive the unit. We understand that you already replaced
the unit but unfortunately there are no returns on electrical items.
Thanks, Mike D.
We rely on feedback and hope that we have provided the 5 star service that
you deserve. Please take a few moments to share your review on our
Facebook Page.
I am taking this opportunity to offer my review to prevent others from having the same disappointment as I have had.
[img]/Users/beeman/Desktop/IMG_0205.JPG[/img]
john b

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Levittown Ford parts

Postby john b - November 28th, 2016, 4:18 pm

I have a funny follow up to my post about Levittown Ford. I received an email today from Levittown Ford offering to exchange the defective alternator I received from them for a replacement after telling them I had a shop replace it already. I suppose I could sell it on eBay or Craigslist, but it would be nice if Levittown McScrooge did the right thing and gave me a refund and maybe a little compensation for my lost 5 hours and paying a shop to do the job. With the very high number of defective Motorcraft alternators it may be good to have a spare on the shelf. They are a crazy bunch over there. It's a bit like offerng a free toooth cleaning for every patient who dies during oral surgery.

Hello John, We will gladly warranty the alternator for you as we do stand behind each and every single part we sell. However we cannot accept it as a return for refund.
[img]/Users/beeman/Desktop/IMG_0205.JPG[/img]
john b

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: Levittown Ford parts

Postby Radio Flyer - January 2nd, 2017, 4:01 pm

Hi John,

I'm just east of you. I'm having a similar issue with a company owned Ford 500 (2007) with a charging system issue. The same powertrain as the escape. I replaced the alternator with a Motorcraft reman unit from Chicago Parts and Sound. As I diagnosed the car, I felt that since the charging system is PCM controlled, there may be an issue with the PCM or related wiring. I took it to A/P Ford. I was told it had a bad alternator, and they said they could fix it, but said not to use a Motorcraft, but one from the parts store. I had them do the work. Months later, it started to overcharge (17 Volts). Took it back and they warrantied it. bad news is that the last tech noted that he had to remove the R.S. axle to remove the alternator. within 100 miles the differential failed due to the axle not being seated.

I felt that by using the parts store alternator, the regulator was using a signal other than the PCM. Maybe there is some truth to the bad batch of alternators.
Radio Flyer

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2010 Escape XLT

Return to Tailgate Chat