Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Please rate the new Escape engines for reliability

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
I want to get a new Escape but I really don't know which engine to choose. I'm most interested in durability and reliability.

#2 ·
2.0 Ecoboost. I've heard nothing but good things about this engine and is the only one I'd pick for a gen 3 Escape. If it's an older Escape you're looking for then the 3.0 V6 is the right answer

#3 ·
I second the recommendation for the 2.0L EcoBoost in the latest generation (2013 - Present). The 1.6L EcoBoost has had several recalls. The new 1.5L EcoBoost was introduced in 2017 and has no history either way. If you want the factory tow package, you have to get the 2.0L engine.

For previous generation Escapes (2001 - 2012), I also second what Max said about the 3.0L V-6.

In either case, you have plenty of power, reliability, and reasonable fuel economy.

#5 ·
The 2.5L normally aspirated engine was only in the "S" trim level Escapes. There are a few members here with base trim Escapes.

I am not familiar with the reliability of this engine. You might want to check TrueDelta. Maybe you can find the info you are looking for there. :yes:

:peace:

#7 ·
moosemike said:
I bought the 2014 Escape with the 2.5. It only has 5,500 miles on it. Its not AWD though. I thought all escapes were four wheel drive. That was kind of a bummer.
Both of my Gen 3 Escapes have been FWD. Was considering an AWD with my latest one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.