What did you do to your Escape today?

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Re: What did you do to your Escape today?

Postby MadMax - December 27th, 2016, 5:07 am

The light doesn't blind oncoming traffic or scatter all over the place like LED kits do.

The world thanks you :yes: They look good :thumb:

2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Postby DarthR8er - December 27th, 2016, 4:33 pm

MadMax wrote:
The light doesn't blind oncoming traffic or scatter all over the place like LED kits do.

The world thanks you :yes: They look good :thumb:

Thank you. I tried an LED kit first due to hearing and reading all the rave reviews about the amazing light output and all this other BS talk. I immediately removed that crap (LED kit) and went with HID. I can't believe the Department of Transportation allows aftermarket LED kits to be sold to the public. Anyways, I love my new HID kit and hope it lasts a few years. I have an HID kit on my 2006 Mazda 3 that I installed over 3 years ago and it's still going strong.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape XLS

Postby doglover - December 30th, 2016, 10:32 am

Sammy tried on his new outfit last night. I bought a Frost Guard from QVC for him for the New Year. :happy: The standard size just fits! It also came with mirror covers and he got to try those on as well. I really like that it covers the wipers.
doglover

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2012 Escape Limited
My vehicle's name: Sterling Sam

Postby MadMax - December 30th, 2016, 12:36 pm

doglover wrote:Sammy tried on his new outfit last night. I bought a Frost Guard from QVC for him for the New Year. :happy: The standard size just fits! It also came with mirror covers and he got to try those on as well. I really like that it covers the wipers.

Aw, that's sweet... What are you talking about? :shrug:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

Postby DarthR8er - January 3rd, 2017, 6:01 pm

Was bored this morning and decided to replace the pulleys and EGR valve. Had the parts just sitting in the garage. Everything was pretty easy to replace other than getting to the EGR valve. Thing was a pain to get to without bruising a couple of knuckles. Oil change is next but I'm waiting on the Red Line D4 ATF to arrive. I like to drain and refill the tranny fluid every time I change the motor oil.

New parts:

Old parts:

DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby text_missing - January 4th, 2017, 1:07 pm

today i changed my spark plugs and discovered a big oil leak
text_missing

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2006 mazda tribute i
My vehicle's name: Rocky

Postby DarthR8er - January 5th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Got the tranny fluid delivered this morning. Went ahead and did the motor & tranny oil change. I'll be replacing the shocks/struts, tie rods, sway bar links, control arms, rotors/pads later this year when I get new tires. I wanna do it all at the same time.

DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby backroad101 - January 5th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Which tranny do you have? The 6speed autos are suppose to use a special tranny oil (Mercon LV). Is what you have compatible?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 4,320_.jpg

DarthR8er wrote:Got the tranny fluid delivered this morning. Went ahead and did the motor & tranny oil change. I'll be replacing the shocks/struts, tie rods, sway bar links, control arms, rotors/pads later this year when I get new tires. I wanna do it all at the same time.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby DarthR8er - January 5th, 2017, 10:43 pm

backroad101 wrote:Which tranny do you have? The 6speed autos are suppose to use a special tranny oil (Mercon LV). Is what you have compatible?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 4,320_.jpg

DarthR8er wrote:Got the tranny fluid delivered this morning. Went ahead and did the motor & tranny oil change. I'll be replacing the shocks/struts, tie rods, sway bar links, control arms, rotors/pads later this year when I get new tires. I wanna do it all at the same time.

My Tribute has the 6-speed auto. The Red Line D4 atf will work perfectly fine. Believe me, I asked Mazda and Ford technicians before adding anything into my vehicles transmission and they told me Red Line oil is some of the best stuff I could add to my vehicles.

DarthR8er

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby MadMax - January 5th, 2017, 11:51 pm

Your Trib looks so well cared for. You're the guy that everyone wishes to buy a used car from :thumb:

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 17

PreviousNext

Return to Tailgate Chat