Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Massive Takata Air Bag Recall!!!!!

8K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  RobtRoma 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I was hoping someone would share this. Incredible the size of the recall. Fortunately the escape wasn't listed.

#3 ·
http://www.safercar.gov/rs/takata/index.html

If the look up up is busy you can choose to go to the manufacturers website.

Escape not on the list but my Mazda6 is, but I knew as I got a letter in the mail. My Escape did come up with 2 throttle body notices though. Guess I should stop by the dealership

I called the dealership to get my Mazda 6 done and apparently the way they do it (at least Mazda) is they do not order your part until you call in and provide you VIN. Once it comes in they contact you back to set up an appointment. They say it takes about an hour but I believe rental cars are provide as part of the repair if you can''t wait around

#4 ·
Great, I know of four family and friends with Hondas that need to go in.

#5 ·
Rook said:
Great, I know of four family and friends with Hondas that need to go in.
From what I have read, Honda seems to have been affected the most

#6 ·
I heard and read that the investigation on which make and MY, specially MY, is not completed at all, and they said it will take about 5 years to repair all the mess.

Cross my fingers for all E/M/T MY

Because we have 4 air bags on them

#7 ·
FRENCHY said:
I heard and read that the investigation on which make and MY, specially MY, is not completed at all, and they said it will take about 5 years to repair all the mess.

Cross my fingers for all E/M/T MY

Because we have 4 air bags on them
Hmmm I had assumed it was just the driver side bags being replaced. I'll have to go back and look at the specifics.

From some reason the material on the passenger bag on my Mazda6 no longer matches the rest of the dash and the surface is sticky (not sure how to explain it exactly). It would be awesome if both front airbags are replaced as part of the recall.

#9 ·
#11 ·
The latest
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/28/fiat ... to00000015
2005-2014 Ford Mustang at Flat Rock Assembly Plant for driver side airbag inflators;
2005-2006 Ford GT built at Wixom Assembly Plant for driver side airbag inflators;
2004 Ford Rangers built in North America at Edison Assembly Plant for passenger side airbag inflators
2004-2006 Ford Rangers built at Twin Cities Assembly for passenger side airbag inflators
Recalling the recall
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/busine ... um=twitter

#13 ·
Sorry to hear that you are in this
What is the work on that, just a replacement or else?

#14 ·
It says they will be replacing the front air bag inflator. This is apparently an initial notice. It says they are waiting for parts and I will be contacted once they are available.

#16 ·
I still haven't been contacted for getting the recall actually performed. I've only received the notification stating the Mustang was involved in the recall. I sure hope I don't have to trade the thing before this is settled. I've read a few stories of people wanting to trade their cars for something new and being able to because the vehicle had an outstanding recall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.